Transition/High School Level
**Sign-On Bonus for Certified Special Education Teachers**
Special Education High School Teacher Oak Park IL
LBS1 or General Ed 6-12 with ability to obtain LBS1
44 Madison Street, Oak Park, IL 60302
Seeking a special education teacher that can provide direct instructional support to students in an engaging learning environment in order to help students improve on their overall academic and behavioral achievement.
This is an age 14-22 high school and transitional program that meets the needs of students in a supportive, social-emotional setting.
The setting is an award-winning, open-concept urban-loft environment in which students are allowed to learn in an individualized manner.
The teaching candidate will be expected to instruct students with varied ability levels in academic subjects that will prepare students for post-secondary success based on their individual needs within the classroom.
Teacher Qualifications and Requirements
- Required: Valid state Professional Educator License with LBS1 K-21 Endorsement
- Or a PEL (Professional Educator License) with a Secondary Ed Endorsement and the ability get an interim Special Education Endorsement
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards
- Provide positive behavioral support to students in group and individual setting
- Implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations for students to follow
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to meet individual needs of all students
- Provide students with superior instruction in areas of academic curriculum and socially acceptable behaviors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to learn quickly and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team focused environment
The Menta Academy Oak Park Program endeavors to provide students with:
- Enriching collegiate experiences
- Interactive and inclusive environments
- Learning activities that will transfer to lifelong independent living skills
- Job skills necessary for gainful employment
- Self respect and knowledge of individual strengths
- Empowerment through education
Benefits & Pay:
- 10 Month Position with 12 Month Pay
- Access to Affordable Medical Dental & Vision Plans
- 403(b) Retirement
- Generous Paid Benefit Time-Off for Full-Time Employees
- The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.
How To Apply:
Submit Resume via Zip Recruiter
Or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.