Bachelor's Degree Level Paraprofessional
The Menta Group Special Education Services Machesney Park, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Paraprofessional with The Menta Group, you will be responsible for working with classroom instructors and staff to offer targeted teaching and support to students in the classroom, as well as general support for all students in the school.
- Manage classroom behaviors
- Report behavioral concerns of students to appropriate staff
- Implement and maintain behavioral program policies and data
- Maintain classroom order and safety (Security)Provide general supervision of students inside the school setting
- Assist in the prevention and management of incidents of non-compliance and/or escalation in behavior
- Maintain alertness for problems likely to disrupt the educational process or to be a safety concern and correct and report these conditions Respond to emergency situations
- Provide interventions to students to assist in managing behaviors
- Think quickly, independently, and tactfully
- Required: Bachelor's Degree*
- *Bachelor's Degree ideally in one of the following disciplines: an Education-related field, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Social Work, Health & Human Services, Kinesiology or a Sports or Physical Education/Recreation related field
- Substitute Teacher Certificate is required Security or Juvenile Justice background is helpful
- Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
- At least 23 years of age
- Able to work with high-risk special needs students
- Good driving record and willing and able to drive student van is strongly preferred
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefit Plans
- 10 Month School Position with 12 Month Semi-Monthly Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- 403(b) Investment Options
Menta Academy Northwest
Our unique, innovative learning environment provides the ideal instructional formula in Menta’s’ focus on personalized learning, which allows students to have some level of voice and choice on what they learn, the pace at which they learn and to some extent where they learn. Tailoring the learning experiences via a student’s Individual Educational Plan, with an emphasis on student inquiry and interests increases engagement and optimizes learning.
Students, facilitated by highly skilled educators, learn in a blended environment using digital online media, group problem solving, and individual self directed learning. Our methods are steeped in highly recognized scientific research which is designed to provide data driven outcomes. The students will work in any number of spaces created to provide structure, consistency and predictability, all ingredients for a successful educational experience. Areas of learning may include CEO conference table for group work and analysis, a Think Tank where students collaborate in small groups learning to be productive team members, and Socratic Discourse Bleachers where larger groups meet with teacher facilitators to address challenges that require development and critical thinking skills.
More About The Menta Group
The Menta Group’s mission is “To provide innovative solutions to critical problems in education and human services.” Menta brings a framework of educational practices that have been designed and are supported through evidence based practices. Menta’s collaborative process with various school and community stakeholders has resulted in programs designed to educate, support, challenge, empower and celebrate students who present with a range of academic, social and emotional needs. At the beginning of a student’s experience with Menta, a collaborative meeting is held that includes the student, significant people in their lives, Menta staff and other professionals as appropriate. During that meeting, a comprehensive assessment of the student’s past, present and future desires is used to establish a student centered plan (MAP) that serves as a foundation of the student’s Menta programming. A guiding principle of Menta is ‘we do not give up’, while also holding our students and staff to high expectations. The educational offerings at a Menta program provides students with a quality education that is designed to nurture and enhance the skills and maturity needed to meet the challenges of being productive adults and citizens in a rapidly changing 21st century world.
Menta’s programs utilize a unique curricular framework that relies on the Expanded Menta Method and Trauma Informed Practices as the foundational principles for the teaching, counseling and mentoring work done by our highly trained staff. Personalized learning is the hub of our strategic curricular design intended to meet the needs of every student. Starting with the end in mind (learning targets and academic goals), a leveraging of current technologies coupled with highly trained instructional facilitators creates a rich learning environment supporting all student needs. Menta’s learning spaces are unique and specially designed to combine traditional teacher/student interaction with state of the art technology and learning innovations. Those learning spaces are flexible and can accommodate a variety of learning activities, such as inquiry learning and project based learning. Our spaces are designed to mimic productive spaces learners would find in business and/or corporate environments, thereby helping students achieve a mind-set designed for adult learning and work.
Professional Associations and/or Partnerships
The Menta Group affiliates are members/partners with CEC, CASE, Autism Speaks, ASBA, AAPSEC, AASA, CCSSO, SEAA, ASCD, and many more associations that focus on the education of children with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!
The Menta Group Special Education ServicesWhy Work Here?
Have the freedom and ability to be creative in education. Great life-work balance. Job growth opportunities within the organization!
The Menta Group, Special Education Services (Est. 1973) is a network of non-public and some public-private partnership therapeutic day schools, meeting the social-emotional needs of students PK-Age 22. Programming from location to location varies in special education focus and grade level. Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!
8702 N 2nd StMachesney Park, IL