Assistant Director of Philanthropy
The Menninger Clinic
- Expired: July 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Days/Hours: M-F, 8 am to 5 pm. Also will include some evenings and weekends for donor events/meetings.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
1. Raise mid-level, major and planned gifts to support the institutions philanthropic priorities.
2. Achieve fundraising goals - individual, team and organizational - and meet Office of Philanthropy metrics.
3. Strategically develop, implement and report fundraising strategies for his/her portfolio of major gift donors and prospects to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving.
- Make strategic face-to-face visits and qualify prospects that lead to major gifts for research, training and education, patient programs, capital and endowment.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for donors, including staffing key volunteers.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion through, and back-to, the prospect pipeline, with a focus on closure of gifts and long-term stewardship.
- Work with internal team members, leadership and volunteers to submit proposals and requests that lead to major gifts for research, training and education, patient programs, capital and endowments (when appropriate).
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
4. Involve others when appropriate (i.e., Board Directors, clinic leadership, faculty, other departments, and team mates) in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors and prospects.
5. Monitors and reports on all assigned prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
6. Achieve goals within budget.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Preferred: Master's degree in related field
- Preferred: CFRE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies, resulting in major gifts ($100K+).
- Measurable track record in raising multiple major gifts ($100K+), preferably in capital and medical training and research - with results also in general operating/unrestricted, endowment, and other programmatic objective.
- Preferably, experience securing major gifts from Texas foundations, especially private foundations in the Greater Houston Area.
- Knowledge of the Texas Medical Center, a plus.
- Experience in planned giving, a plus.
The Menninger Clinic
BusinessView all jobs at The Menninger Clinic
Get fresh Philanthropy Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!