Menninger Clinic Houston, TX
- Posted: May 26, 2021
M-F, 7:30 AM to 4 PM
The Gathering Place is a community of peers in a place of unconditional acceptance where all are welcome to learn, grow and discover. The Gathering Place is Houston's first supportive refuge based on the psychosocial clubhouse model. In 2010, The Gathering Place became a community outreach program of The Menninger Clinic. Each year, more than 250 residents in the Houston area come together at The Gathering Place to participate in free activities that promote wellness, build friendships and develop job and relationship skills. Unbridled by stigma, members are empowered to shed the labels of their mental health diagnoses and to pursue paths of purpose and connection with others.
General Division Administrative Support
- Screens incoming calls in a pleasant and professional manner. Demonstrates a willingness to assist others by providing information whenever possible, and/or routes to the appropriate department or staff member
- Welcomes members and visitors in the waiting area.
- Orients members regarding membership and scheduling.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Compiles and distributes departmental meeting notes/minutes in a timely manner (with the expectation they be completed and disseminated within one week after the meeting date).
- Receives, distributes, and processes all incoming mail for the program.
- Compiles and distributes minutes of meetings in a timely manner, with the expectation that minutes are completed and disseminated within two business days after the meeting date.
- Accepts additional assignments willingly and enthusiastically when requested in order to promote the Menninger mission and goals.
Direct Administrative Support for the Program Manager
- Serves as direct administrative support for the Program Manager. Coordinates administrative workflow, and recommends new processes as needed.
- Manages calendars as requested.
- Deals discreetly with sensitive or confidential information concerning members and staff members.
- Assesses problems and develops solutions following general policies and procedures.
- Reviews incoming correspondence to determine its significance as requested; compiles data relevant to problems or questions to provide a basis for reply, and drafts or edits correspondence and miscellaneous reports as assigned.
Coordination of Membership Intake Process
- Obtains and organizes collateral information to support clubhouse membership.
- Records and tracks membership appointments in the scheduling system.
- Maintains Program Managers' appointment schedules and re-scheduled appointments when necessary.
- Informs staff of changes in the schedule when necessary.
Coordination of Membership Appointments
- Schedules tours/appointments for Program Manager.
- Notifies potential members of scheduled appointments and any changes.
- Records and tracks appointments in the scheduling system.
- Maintains membership files and records data into the membership system.
- Maintains confidential membership records which are complete and current.
- Assures that signed releases of information documentation are in place before communicating verbally or in written form to outside sources.
- Reviews and processes all incoming invoices, prepares check requisitions and keeps an accurate data base of all budget expenses.
- Tracks budget data and informs the Program Manager of issues.
- Attends budget meetings with the Program Manager as requested.
Education: High school diploma is required. Associate or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Experience Required: Seven (7) years of office experience. College training may substitute for experience. Strong knowledge of software and computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Has experience and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with clubhouse members, staff members, visitors and referents. Able to compose and prepare correspondence and reports, prepare spreadsheets, prioritize tasks, maintain complex calendars, professional telephone communication, use office equipment and understanding of advanced office procedures. Familiarity working with software, Excel is essential. Prior work managing a busy, outpatient mental health clinic setting is highly preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.
BusinessView all jobs at Menninger Clinic