Hiring out of Fostoria,OH and nbsp; - prefers a 75 mile radius from terminal
At The Mennel Milling Company, we are proud of our heritage and excited about our future. We have been in business over 130 years because we do things the right way, with integrity. We measure our success by each of the custom products that we produce and through the keen understanding of our customer and rsquo;s unique and individual needs. Anchored by our core values and ndash; quality, uniformity and service and ndash; Mennel is committed to always bringing our best.
The purpose of this position is to transport product in a safe and efficient manner. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: and nbsp;
- Transport product (bulk flour) in a safe and efficient manner
- Loading and unloading pneumatic trailer is required
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle up to and including observation and reporting equipment or mechanical failures.
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: and nbsp;
- Minimum age of 23 years old
- Class A driver and rsquo;s license in good standing
- 1+ year experience as a driver of commercial motor vehicles
- No record of driver and rsquo;s license suspension or revocation during the previous three year period
WORK SHIFT: Shift varies depending on workload, typically 10-14 hours per day. 6 and nbsp;days worked per week.
- $0.50 per mile trip rate (averages $2,300-$2,600 bi-weekly)
- Saturday/Sunday rates
- Holiday rates
- Loading and unloading pay
- Layover pay
EQUIPMENT: Day cabs with dry bulk pneumatic and nbsp;trailers (automatic)
Hiring out of Fostoria
Able to hire owner operators
WORK ENVIRONMENT: and nbsp; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places; in the presence of airborne particles. Requires loading and unloading.