- Expired: May 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Menkiti Group is seeking a talented Controller to establish operating procedures and a smooth cadence for the day-to-day accounting functions of a rapidly growing company comprised of multiple business units and legal entities. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will directly oversee and be responsible for the accounting, finance, tax, budget, and reporting functions of the organization and will create, refine, and implement key systems, policies, procedures, and practices for each function
The ideal candidate is a strategic, hands-on, insightful, and analytical individual who understands the value of, and enjoys creating and fine-tuning the mechanics behind, an impactful multi-faceted organization.
As a double-bottom line company, the right individual for this role will identify with the Menkiti Group’s mission of enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial real estate and will be motivated to build a larger regional network of companies that is both profitable and delivers a positive social impact.Compensation:
$100,000 - $120,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- The Controller will seamlessly manage the accounting and reporting including A/R, A/P, general journal entries, inter-company transactions, and financial records maintenance for our multiple affiliated entities.
- The Controller will perform complex financial analyses and manage a team in standard bookkeeping activities.
- 7+ years in accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Operational experience in designing and implementing systems and policies in a growing company
- Must be proficient with MRI (or a similar system) and QuickBooks
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- Real estate accounting experience is highly preferred
The Menkiti Group is a rapidly growing integrated real estate services firm dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives and communities through real estate, The Menkiti Group has invested over $225MM in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, worked on the development of over 2.1MM SF of real estate, and assisted over 2,000 families in purchasing their first homes over the past 16 years. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $2.6 billion in 2020 sales.
The Menkiti Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Menkiti Group