Director of Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Director of Development
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), the Director of Development (DOD) will serve as an integral member of the organization and strategic partner to the CAO providing innovative and strategic leadership with a commitment to philanthropic engagement and growth to advance Meadowbrook’s mission.
The DOD needs to be an experienced and talented fundraiser and relationship builder to actively engage in the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals. The DOD will be adept at creating and implementing data-driven strategies including systems and processes to advance relationships, philanthropy, and annual goals and will be an experienced empathetic, and empowering manager and supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of the small but mighty Advancement Office engaging the team to the highest levels of performance and impact.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Meadowbrook Community as we celebrate our Centennial in 2023! This position will be key to the planning and execution of our Centennial Celebration and Comprehensive Campaign.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for actively managing a portfolio of annual and major gift prospects including parents, alumni, and grandparents successfully moving prospective donors through the qualification and cultivation process to solicitation, producing successful outcomes of these solicitations.
- Design and implement a comprehensive Annual Giving campaign for the Meadowbrook Fund with targeted solicitations and activities to strengthen the school’s fundraising program including a matching gift program.
- Direct regularly scheduled prospect review meetings with Head of School and CAO.
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the Advancement Office and in coordination with the CAO, implement and maintain systems and best practices for office activities.
- Maintain and refine annual fundraising strategies and provide regular reporting, giving analysis, and benchmarking.
- Attend Advancement Committee Meetings and oversee The Meadowbrook Fund Committee subcommittee.
- Assist in the hiring process as we gear up for our Comprehensive Campaign.
- Supervise and manage direct report(s) including the Advancement Services Coordinator.
- Manage Advancement communications including the writing of solicitations, acknowledgment letters, proposals, annual report, stewardship/endowed fund reports, Advancement magazine, and website content, and produce written and electronic materials for fundraising campaigns. Review and approve all event-related communications.
● Assist in the development and execution of our comprehensive stewardship strategy. Responsibilities include creating a stewardship outreach calendar for major touchpoints with donors.
● Develop creative ideas for stewarding individual donors as well as recognition events and gifts to thank and continue to cultivate current and former benefactors to Meadowbrook including the Bridges Society and Trustee Circle.
● Attend events as required
- Other duties as assigned.
● Some night and weekend work required.
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
● Understanding of Meadowbrook’s history as well as familiarity with and endorsement of the school's mission, culture and values.
● Ability to establish credibility and confidence with stakeholders.
● Seek involvement of alumni, parents, and guardians representing a wide diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and accomplishments to ensure programs reflect the entire Meadowbrook community.
● Must have a sense of humor, exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective in engaging both internal and external community members.
● Exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
● Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
● Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate a willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Bachelor's degree required; min of 7+ years of demonstrated fundraising experience and database proficiency with a preference for Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge.
Interested applicants please apply with a cover letter and resume via the Meadowbrook website: https://www.meadowbrook-ma.org/about-us/employment
Powered by JazzHR
The Meadowbrook School of Weston
Non ProfitView all jobs at The Meadowbrook School of Weston