- Posted: over a month ago
DESCRIPTION The McConnell Group (TMG) is a health science company, providing a comprehensive selection of professional and technical services and products design to enhance the success of companies in a rapidly changing market. TMG also provides extensive support in biomedical research to enhance the prevention, therapies and cures for both human and animal health. We are a fast growing company and seek professional individuals to join our diverse and talented team of employees. We currently have a position for a Research Associate located at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Silver Spring, MD. This position will be supporting Shigella vaccine development.
- Conducts bench research on Shigella (or other enteric pathogens) to include large scale production of purified proteins and LPS, immunogenicity, biochemistry and mechanisms of action of Shigella subunit vaccines.
- Assist in the evaluation of Shigella vaccines in clinical and pre-clinical studies to include immunizing small animals, collecting blood, lymph nodes mucosal washes, and determining the immune response elicited after vaccination using cellular proliferation, antibody secreting cell (ASC), ELISA, and immunobead multiplexing assays.
- Establishes and/or develops laboratory procedures and analyzes and/or evaluates research data; participates in a cooperative effort to accomplish goals of the laboratory; maintains proficiency and expertise in the field of research. Utilizes professional knowledge of: theories, principles, methods, and techniques of immunology, cell biology, and microbial pathogenesis, such as ELISA, ASC assays, cellular proliferation assays, western blotting, cell culture, small animal handling (such as mice or guinea pigs), and aseptic technique. (NOTE: Work involving animals requires medical evaluation by a physician including animal allergy and immunization review.)
- Duties shall be performed with daily interaction and technical oversight provided by the Principle Investigator.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Must be able to pass background checks.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder with the right to work for any employer in the U.S.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS TMG offers comp. pay and benefits pkg. including health insurance; paid holidays, PTO; EAP; Education Assistance, 401(k) and College Savings Plan.
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The McConnell Group, Inc
AddressSilver Spring, MD
ScienceView all jobs at The McConnell Group, Inc