Cage Wash Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
The McConnell Group (TMG) is a health science company that provides a comprehensive selection of professional and technical services and product design to enhance the success of companies in a rapidly changing market. We are a fast growing company and always looking for professional individuals to join our diverse and talented team of employees. Currently we have an opening for a full-time Cage Wash Technician located in Indianapolis, IN.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and sanitize all animal caging and accessory equipment.
- Dispose of waste from the facility following appropriate SOP's.
- Maintain and perform routine repairs on caging, racks, and equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and preventative maintenance on the cage washers and other equipment used.
- Process clean caging and accessory equipment appropriately, including putting bedding.
- Understands and follows all approved SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), safety procedures and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Assist in sanitation and decontamination in all areas of the facility.
- Stock supplies.
- Prepare and submit required cage wash records, charts, logs, and inventories as requested.
- Maintain clean and organized work and personal areas.
- Report any abnormal conditions of the animal facility or immediate vicinity to supervisory staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*****There is potential for cross-training in animal husbandry operations and for the position to become full-time. Duties may include:
- Provide routine animal husbandry, including cage changes, comprehensive, detailed observations, handling, and restraint of all laboratory animal species in support of the animal research program.
- Complete various types of documentation to include room logs and animal health records.
- Monitor environmental conditions and animal health.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the research animals.
- High school diploma or equivalent at time of hire.
- Be able to lift, push and pull 50 lbs.
- Have the physical stamina to be on feet all day and operate in a noisy, hot, humid cage wash environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Candidate MUST pass a government background investigation (NAC), employment physical and drug/alcohol screening. As required by law, TMG participates in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), to verify the identity and employment eligibility of persons hired to work in the United States.
TMG offers comp. pay and benefits pkg. including health insurance; paid holidays, PTO; EAP; Education Assistance, 401(k) and College Savings Plan.
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The McConnell Group, Inc
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?