- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently seeking a Database Programmer to join our client's team in Durham, NC.
This is a Full-time, Contract-to-Hire position with our client. Our client fully intents to convert the chosen candidate to a direct-hire, fully benefitted role at the completion of the contract period.
The Database Programmer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and troubleshooting multiple Microsoft SQL Server instances for our client. The chosen candidate will collaborate with other developers and business users to determine best practices.
To be considered for this role the ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Experience with SQL and T-SQL, building stored procedures, views, tables and indexes.
- Experience with ETL, especially SSIS, is a bonus. Experience building and troubleshooting reports is preferred, especially with SSRS.
- Able to assist troubleshooting and debugging of legacy applications, including Excel macros and MS Access applications with VBA code. Familiarity with scanners is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot process issues, including database performance.
- Understanding of Common Table Expressions and SQL Windows Functions is preferred.
- Additional experience working with other databases is beneficial, like Access, DB2, or Oracle.
- Ability to work with users/management to translate business and functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Document all stages of the development process including development and execution of system; research; application design; system configuration; deployment; analysis, evaluation and performance metrics; issue resolution; standards and references.
Prefer candidates with BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a degree, relevant experience may suffice.
The Maven Group, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at The Maven Group, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?