The Montgomery County Department of Parks, Horticulture, Forestry and Environmental Education Division, is currently seeking Seasonal/Intermittent applicants to fill a Volunteer Coordinator Assistant/Library Assistant position in Brookside Gardens.
This is a part-time position and benefits are not offered for this position.
Work Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 am-3:00 pm. Must be available for occasional alternate weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Work Location: 1800 Glenallan Avenue, may require off-site meetings
Pay rate: $13.00/hour
- Provide administrative support for Brookside Gardens Volunteer Program
- Assist with all aspects of recruiting, screening, hiring, training, evaluating and recognizing volunteers
- Assist with new volunteer induction by returning phone calls & emails, greeting walk-in applicants and processing applications promptly and courteously
- Coordinate updating and printing of handbook, job descriptions, recruitment flyers and other volunteer program publications
- Work with Library Assistant volunteers to complete tasks
- Coordinate scheduling of Garden of Lights and Train Display Docent Volunteers
- Coordinate and complete mailings to volunteers
- Develop volunteer recruitment database
- Assist with planning volunteer training and recognition events
- Assist with organizing large scale corporate volunteer work groups
- Assist with coordinating annual student internship opportunities
- Research, write and publish monthly volunteer newsletter
- Assist with maintenance of Volunteer Database
- Assist with maintaining volunteer record updates, including fingerprinting and eLearning completions
- Coordinate collection and record of quarterly volunteer hours
- Produce standard reports from database
- Assist with Youth Volunteer Work Force programs
- Assist visitors and staff with use of horticultural library
- Learn to operate Xerox machine
- Assist staff, volunteers & guests with use of Xerox machine
- Assist with book and magazine loans to staff
- Accept and log library donations
- Maintain Newsletter collection
- Assist Master Gardener Plant Clinics
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have driver's license
Bilingual candidates with knowledge and experience working in Montgomery County are highly preferred.
Brookside Gardens is a 50-acre horticultural display garden with intricately designed landscapes, permanent and seasonal displays, and two conservatories. Throughout the year, the Gardens welcomes more than 400,000 visitors, at engaging programs and events for children and adults, including the summer live butterfly exhibit and winter light display. Learn more about us at www.brooksidegardens.org Employment Type: Seasonal