TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
- This position is for variable shifts between 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Working in partnership with parents and families, to prepare children for success in school and life.
- To perform the instructional functions of a teacher of young children, in the field of early childhood education – and be able to meet the requirements of the licensing agency.
- Current BA on file / in progress; at least three years teaching experience
- First Aid, CPR a plus
- Sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults.
- Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS) training a plus
- Plans curriculum and instruction in detail for assigned classes, with team teacher.
- Constructs age-appropriate room arrangement as guided by licensing and accreditation regulations.
- Constructs displays of student work and skill development in classroom and hallway displays.
- Maintains necessary professional development training credentials to meet the requirements of the licensing agency.
- Conducts parent / family conferences throughout the school year.
- Maintains student work sample folders, attendance and assessment documentation and student observation reports in an orderly fashion.
- Is familiar with all preschool policies and practices.
- Reports to Lead Teacher and Director any concerns, special needs or suspicion of child abuse or neglect.
- Submits lesson plans, attendance reports and student observations each month as established by the Director.
- Attends regular staff planning and evaluation meetings.
- Handles discipline promptly and in accordance with school policy on discipline.
- Follows safety and sanitation policies of the school.
- Carries out functions of childcare and basic functions of the classroom throughout the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director and supports specific professional requests of the Lead Teacher.
The Mary Elizabeth House, Inc., A Ministry
Why Work Here?The Mary Elizabeth House, A Ministry (TMEH) is a 501 (c)3 organization whose mission is to nurture and support the development of young mothers aging out of the foster care system, so that they become healthy, spiritually-centered, independent (socially, emotionally, and economically) young women capable of assuming responsibility for their and their families' success. On-site programs include the Talitha Koum Cooperative Housing Community, a residential program for young women and their children, and the ASA Early Learning Center.
Inspiring Leader, great organizational vision and life changing work!