We are currently in search of an Embedded Systems Engineer for the development and support of manufacturing of advanced sensor analysis and IoT solutions. The candidate will be part of a dynamic engineering team working with next generation IoT signal analysis products, embedded hardware, and cloud-based technology platforms including: IoT Edge and Microsoft Azure.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a broad depth of understanding of embedded architectures and interfaces. Creativity, problem solving, independent thinking, flexibility, and vision are all required for this position. We are seeking an individual who has a passion for working across disciplines to turn early cutting-edge concepts and technologies into reality.
The Marsden Group offers interesting work in a dynamic, friendly, and informal environment with excellent prospects to grow with the company.
· Ownership of system design on hardware prototype projects and development platforms.
· Implement C++ solutions for devices and embedded platforms.
· Work with existing codebases to integrate modules and device level protocols.
· Create software designs using OOP design principles for modularity and reusability.
· Design, test, deploy, and maintain embedded software for custom or off the shelf platforms eg. Nvidia JetsonTX1/TX2, Beagle Board, Raspberry PI, Arduino, etc...
· Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
· Work closely with various core tech teams and other organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and products.
· Work with electrical engineers to define requirements and tools to support manufacturing and quality control.
· Solid experience developing and validating real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, or device drivers.
· Developing libraries of code that can be leveraged across multiple products.
· BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
· 2 to 5 years of experience working on embedded platforms.
· Proficient in C++ software design and architecture.
· Knowledge of embedded programming and computer hardware concepts.
· Experience in solving non-trivial embedded problems under time pressure.
· Experience with protocol design, specification, and implementation.
· Ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar code bases and environments.
· Knowledge of utility languages such as PowerShell, Perl, Python, etc.
· Comfortable with Linux/Unix based environments, hardware trees, and kernel flashing for use cases.
· Experience with board-level electronics.
· Experience with software on embedded devices.
· Experience with cameras and optical systems.
· Experience with Android/Linux system software.
· Experience with docker and container management.
· Experience working within a hardware design or manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
· Very good teamwork and communication skills.