Social Services Director - Licensed Social Worker - Master of Social Work
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing health care providers at our dynamic facility.
As Director of Social Services (Resident & Family Services), you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing services to respond to the emotional needs of the residents and their families.You will also assist with resident admissions and the referral process. No direct supervisory function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning; development and implementation of social care plans; and resident assessments.
- Provide consultation to members of our staff, community agencies, etc., in efforts to solve the needs and problems of the resident through the development of social service programs.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Executive Director.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors Degree and either a LSW or MSW from an approved school of Social Work.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess resident needs, develop, and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process.
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standard and compliance requirements.
- Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers.