General Manager (GM)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Values: The Mann is committed to fostering long-standing relationships with its stakeholders—both internal and external—based on the following core values:
- Excellence – We seek to create first-class experiences that are unparalleled. We strive for exceptional quality in everything we do by always putting forth our best effort.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We foster a community marked by openness, fairness, and equality. We value, respect, and leverage our differences, while sharing a common mission.
- Integrity – We consistently operate with unyielding honesty, honor, and transparency. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest ethical standards.
- Welcoming – We create an inclusive and friendly community, where everyone feels special. We focus attention on serving our artists, guests, donors, team members, volunteers, and students.
- Innovation – We seek transformative, cutting-edge, and unique experiences on- and off-stage. We use creativity in all we do—from programming to problem solving.
- Establishes and maintains high standards of customer service for all staff, customers, and vendors.
- Manages and is accountable for the venue operational budget.
- Manages relationship with the City of Philadelphia Parks and Recreation department (PPR).
- Works closely with key civic governmental departments, as well as interactions with the community in general.
- Oversees food & beverage and merchandise performance.
- Assists with the hiring of, trains and schedules full and part-time facility services employees, and works closely with all subcontractors and/or third-party vendors.
- Manages Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s) for stagehands and Teamsters in conjunction with Manager of Venue Production Operations and Box Office Treasurers.
- Responsible for the e-onboarding of all new union team members into ADP TotalSource.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders, external business partners, and provides direction on standards and compliance.
- Coordinates and facilitates event set-up with the Manager of Private Events and Facility Rentals.
- Coordinates day of event activities and matters.
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Implements and complies with the Mann’s / Live Nation’s audit procedures
- Ensures that employee performance is monitored and reviewed accordingly.
- Management of employee attendance records, and payroll for all custodial employees.
- Responsible for meeting staffing levels and keeping within agreed-upon budget targets.
- Works with all other departments to help fulfil needed requirements.
- Completes end of day post-concert / event operational reports and submits to COO.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the executive management; other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a general manager or operations manager in a hospitality-related business (or equivalent).
- Must have an extensive background in a performing arts setting.
- Familiarity with working with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Must have sound working knowledge of budget management.
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills in the long term and immediate situations.
- Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities, must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift <40Ibs, work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and irregular hours as driven by operational requirements.
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
Authorized to work in the US
Accept a background check to be performed
Lift up to 40 pounds
Stay on your feet for 8 hour shifts
Knowledge in: Microsoft Exchange Server
Knowledge in: Microsoft SharePoint
Knowledge in: Microsoft Excel
Knowledge in: Microsoft PowerPoint
Knowledge in: Microsoft Office
Knowledge in: Microsoft Word
Knowledge in: Desktop computers
Knowledge in: Laptop computers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
RetailView all jobs at The Mann Center for the Performing Arts