Junior Program Officer ECA TO-078
- Posted: over a month ago
Place of Performance: Washington, D.C. (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: To provide contract support to the Office of Public-Private Partnerships (ECA/P/P3) in the conduct of a number of office management roles that directly and indirectly assist a team of contractors, Civil and Foreign Service Officers who work on an array of policy-related issues, events, and activities on behalf of the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). The Junior Program Officer will report to the Senior Partnership Officer for Policy in ECA or P3 lead. The work includes close engagement with the private sector, ECA Program Offices, Department of State Regional and Functional Bureaus, and other entities and individuals, including Posts, worldwide.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with partnership development and fund-raising with businesses, foundations, and non‑governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Experience working with federal and USG agencies, preferably the U.S. Department of State and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and non-governmental, and international organizations on programs.
- Experience with event coordination.
- Experience with standard federal office system, processes, and guidelines.
- Experience and/or strong working knowledge of travel, message delivery, electronic records management, and other information management data and/or database systems.
- Exceptional with standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and Google Workspace collaboration tools, and an ability to learn and work with other software and database applications, as needed, including standard federal office systems and processes.
- Excellent ability to use shared documents and troubleshoot technical challenges.
- Strong, timely, and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially on the phone and video calls.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, and, occasionally, very fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the management of office staff through identifying and researching potential donors and partners.
- Support program and donor stewardship by managing the implementation of agreements with public and private sector organizations.
- Support ECA/P/P3 personnel and office drafting and sending correspondences, processing information requests, tracking and responding to external event invitations, scheduling courtesy calls and consultations for outgoing Public Affairs professionals, escorting visitors, arranging travel, processing expense vouchers.
- Preparing written materials to include, but not be limited to drafting and clearing memos and agreements, agendas for and follow-up from meetings, and processing meeting notes.
- Support information technology and records management by maintaining document tracking systems and files, using travel systems, using an electronic message delivery system, maintaining biographic data, maintaining files, utilizing CRM and Winmo, and supporting other electronic record systems as needed.
- Support official events including, but not limited to, supporting official receptions, welcoming Chiefs of Mission, Public Affairs Officers, and partners which may include planning events, tracking event budget and expenses, requesting or monitoring event supplies, coordinating event attendance, maintaining event guest lists, receiving and recording visitors, and serving as event control officer.
- Managing the office to assist in supporting emergency response processes, ensuring the security of classified and sensitive information, submitting work orders, tracking office equipment maintenance, requesting supplies, answering phones, and distributing mail.
- Other duties as assigned in support of ECA/P/PPP.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required.
The Maasai Group
BusinessView all jobs at The Maasai Group