Data Scientist/Strategist OBOTek 011
- Posted: over a month ago
Place of Performance: Arlington, VA. (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The Data Scientist/Strategist should have a passion and perseverance for improvement and delivering products that will positively impact people. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, adaptable, analytical, innovative, a problem solver and a tactful diplomat. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams on varying modernization and innovation efforts across the Bureau. They should be able to understand and respond to the business' needs in a rapidly changing environment. The Data Scientist/Strategist will work with both technology-focused and business-focused agile teams to plan and execute work that delivers value to the organization. They should be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have experience using a variety of data mining/analysis methods, using tools for running simulations and creating prototypes. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering hidden solutions and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Data Scientist/Strategist– minimum of nine (9) years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing on highly complex, controversial, and time sensitive matters to diverse audiences within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deliver sensitive/difficult information tactfully.
- Client-success oriented mindset.
- Ability to execute and implement work in an Agile environment. Ability to think strategically, assess problems and solve them with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively analyze and extract insights from structured and unstructured data and apply solutions.
- Proficiency in handling imperfections in data.
- Level of comfort in participating as a change-agent role within the organization.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding business processes and systems for the associated team.
- Ability to develop a general working knowledge of the technical domain to effectively support technical risks that may arise.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of professional design and construction industries to identify, analyze, design, and provide advice on unusual or complex issues; modify existing techniques and/or develop new methods and approaches to solve complex problems; and provide expert advice on a wide range of Bureau initiatives.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of related engineering fields such as civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical, sufficient to effectively interface and partner with fellow professionals engaged in related aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, functions, and objectives of the Division, Office, Bureau, and Department and their interrelationships with one another to coordinate work efforts, ensure that work is performed successfully and in a cost effective manner, and that work efforts are not duplicated.
- Experience and capabilities in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and advanced use of Excel) and Data Analysis and Manipulation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Google Studio, R, Python, etc...
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver innovative strategies and analytic solutions that drive effectiveness and deliver against Bureau goals. Support data integration efforts being led by allied OBO stakeholders. Work with stakeholders to define business processes and recommend procedures which allow for future content to be structured and organized to fit existing structure.
- Strategically lead integration of Bureau-wide reference datasets and data for incorporation into both the OBO and Enterprise MRD (Master Reference Datasets) database and Data Lake.
- Extract usable data from valuable data sources, and process, clean, and validate the integrity of data to be used for analysis to provide for accurate, scalable, performance optimized, and numerically stable analysis.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include relevant information for developing analytic and visualization systems.
- Analyze large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions and process structured and unstructured data.
Create prediction systems and machine learning algorithms that support decision making. These may include, but are not limited to, anomaly detection, pattern recognition, predictive analytics, and other support services to assist OBO senior management and individual project/initiative teams.
- Perform user research to identify root causes of business process and system issues and be able to clearly communicate those concerns to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement successful cross-office analytics/visualization products which includes communicating with stakeholders at several levels on team progress towards objectives and deliverables.
- Lead core project/initiative teams in capturing and breaking down delivery of complex requests and facilitate coordination between teams.
- Use available tools and resources to prototype services for validating and iterating on improvement ideas.
- Work with teams to clarify accepting completed work and determining value that has been delivered (definition of done, value statement/metrics).
- Develop reproducible visualization graphics that clearly and adequately illustrate data analyses associated with each initiative or project, including the highlighting of any significant or noteworthy trends, or other knowledge that could be gleaned from the analyses. This output should be readily available when requested for use by OBO senior staff or project/initiative teams.
- Analyze and synthesize current and historic data including, but not limited to, photos, videos, CAD drawings, Revit models, SketchUp models, KML & KMZ files, PDFs, 3D PDFs, Word documents, PowerPoint documents, Excel documents, emails, cables, memos, meeting notes, agendas, schedules, and Microsoft Project files.
- Explore, understand, and find meaning in Geospatial data with dynamic, analytical maps.
- Bring together disparate data to see how things overlap and connect.
- Visualize spatial patterns in both 2D and 3D.
- Gather data for assessment from a variety of sources including current project submissions, OBO project archives, and collection in coordination with posts. This information will be modeled, normalized, and documented to the appropriate industry standards.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Performs tasks of an analytical and administrative nature, as assigned by the Office or Division Director, program leads/GTMs, contract COR and Contractor’s team leadership.
- Assist with drafting, in whole or in part, and periodically modifies OBO’s Standards and Design Criteria and related documents.
- Remains abreast of the latest developments in data science, architecture and related disciplines by review of literature and by attending technical conferences, professional society meetings, and discussions with industry representatives and other professionals; and evaluates new materials and designs with construction processes and techniques, recommending adoption of those that would provide a more economical solution while meeting the needs and requirements of the facility and the client.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
The Maasai Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?