Technical Writer/Editor - PTOC
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both\. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long\-term well\-being of our employees\. MITRE is different from most technology companies\. We are a not\-for\-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do\. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation\. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world\. Our workplace reflects our values\. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth\. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us\.
MITRE is seeking a seasoned Technical Writer/Editor to support our Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, and MITRE corporate communications in a Part\-Time On\-Call \(PTOC\) status\. This role requires an experienced technical writer and editor who works well under tight timelines and holds an active Secret security clearance\.
The Technical Writer/Editor will be primarily responsible for editing a variety of technical documents associated with Federally Funded Research and Development Center sponsors, or for MITRE's corporate communications\. Duties include editing, proofreading, grammar, formatting, and rewriting for clarity\. Excellent command of the Microsoft Office Suite\. PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe are expected\.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of someone with a minimum of five to eight years of technical editing experience
- Adapt to a fast\-paced, agile environment
- Deliver quality and timely products
- Possess advanced grammar and editing skills
- Use MITRE templates, government templates, or defined templates as required
- Edit documents using 508 compliance guidelines
- Communicate professionally with Subject Matter Experts to clarify expectations of assignments
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- BS and 5 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances
Primary Location United States\-Virginia\-McLean
Other Locations United States\-Massachusetts\-Bedford
This requisition requires a clearance of Secret
Job Posting Jul 26, 2019, 9:31:29 PM
Req ID: 00053933
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age, color, race, disability, marital status, national and ethnic origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical or genetic information, and other protected status.