MITRE's Emerging Technology Office seeks an analytical chemist to providetechnical expertise and oversight to programs in support of United StatesGovernment agencies\. In this position,you will provide USG program managers and senior leaders with subject matterexpertise on analytical chemistry applications, methodologies, and research\. The results of these efforts will be used to provide strategic guidance toMITRE's government sponsors and assist them in the conception, planning,development, and execution of programs designed to enhance national defense\.
Thecandidate will be responsible for the following functions in this position:
- Performing quality assurance and quality control activities in the area of analytical chemistry, with an emphasis on mass spectrometry\.
- Reviewing literature and performing interviews to identify discoveries, trends, advancements, technologies, and research activities in analytical chemistry that could impact USG activities and interests\.
- Performing technical reviews and assessments in the field of analytical chemistry as well as developing analytical strategies for sample evaluation\.
- Assessing implications of emerging trends andadvancements in analytical chemistry\.
- Leading multidisciplinary teams, supervisingjunior staff, and contributing technically to other on\-going projects andresearch\.
- Attending technical reviews and discussions,facilitating round\-table discussions, performing interviews, and other dutiesas appropriate to develop and encourage technical expertise\.
- Five or more years of experience working with multiple analytical chemistry techniques with an emphasis in mass spectrometry\. Techniques may include, but are not limited to, FTIR, Raman, GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, MALDI\-TOF/MS, ICP/MS\.
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance\.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills, withprior experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team acting to solvecomplex client problems\.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsincluding the ability to present technical matters in an accessible manner andbrief using PowerPoint and/or speak extemporaneously\.
- Hands on experience with multiple analytical instruments and procedures\.
- Experience developing and implementing novel analytical processes\.
- Experience with industrial and environmental sample analysis\.
- ISO 17025 certification\.
Travel Statement: \
- This position will requireovernight travel up to 10% of the time as well as some local travel\.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will besubject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibilityrequirements for access to classified information\. Only US citizensare eligible for a security clearance\. For this position, MITRE willconsider only applicants with security clearances\.
Job Health & Life Science
Primary Location United States\-Virginia\-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Top Secret/SCI
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Sep 17, 2019, 9:12:26 AM
Req ID: 00054185
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age, color, race, disability, marital status, national and ethnic origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical or genetic information, and other protected status.