Direct Support Professional Centralia
The MENTOR Network Centralia, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Direct Support Professional/Caregiver
Would you like to make a difference every day in someone’s life? Based in community settings, and working closely with our clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans, DSPs provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field trips, medical appointments, and shopping
- Assist with daily living skills including meal preparation and assist with medication administration
- Provide guidance on a range of developmental goals from community participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and supporting vocational responsibilities
- Support persons served with living skills such as personal hygiene, grooming, and/or bathing
- Assist individuals we serve to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
- A reliable, responsible attitude
- A compassionate approach and a commitment to quality in everything you do
Why Join Us?
- Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The MENTOR NetworkWhy Work Here?
We help people lead full and meaningful lives. This means making sure they have the support they need and seeing them for who they are.
Personal CareView all jobs at The MENTOR Network