Sales Account Manager
- Expired: October 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join us in Telling the Stories of Santas North Pole!
The Lumistella Company is looking for an experienced Sales Account Manager to join our team! The Sales Account Manager is responsible for all activities related to the planning, development and execution of The Lumistella Companys sales and account management function for their designated key accounts. Accounts are to be defined as small to mid-sized National, Regional or Independent Retailers. In this capacity, the Sales Account Manager develops and maintains successful relationships with customers, ensuring they are educated on new and existing products with a goal of increasing sales and ensuring long-term revenue growth. He/she prepares for and conducts customer sales presentations and collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure proper and compliant fulfillment of customer orders. He/she works with company leadership to develop a plan to achieve revenue goals and continuously reviews opportunities for fit with our business model. The Sales Account Manager must balance advocacy for the customer with protection of the brand, while working within a framework that is not always driven by just the bottom line.
If you want to be one of us...
The ideal SalesAccount Manager will bring:
- Proven track record of accomplishments in fast-paced, dynamic environment; thrives in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong but natural sales skills a quick sense about the best tools to employ for a variety of customer challenges; Ability to adapt to varying audiences and sell into new accounts;
- Motivated self-starter who is able to manage accounts on time and on budget;
- Proven expertise in the development and maintenance of client relationships and customer service expertise; Experience in cold calling potential partners preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work well with customers at all levels as well as colleagues throughout the organization;
- High degree of Emotional Intelligence (self-aware, diplomatic, team oriented, ability to read an audience, focused on the right outcome vs. being right;
- Strong professional presentation skills; Clear, confident and adept at presenting products to customer stakeholder groups;
- Ability to act on companys behalf with regards to retail partners; Utilizes good judgment; Exhibits maturity, professionalism, self-awareness, tact, and diplomacy;
- Team oriented with strong team-building skills, including conflict resolution;
- Ability to compile and analyze data, and develop metrics to support decision-making; Exceptional ability to plan and present data and information;
- Ability to detect and analyze problems and use problem solving skills effectively;
- Strong project management skills;
- High sense of urgency with the ability to handle competing priorities in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment;
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in learning The Lumistella Companys processes; Confident and decisive in stressful situations and tight time frames;
- Detail oriented with strong attention to accuracy and a natural sense for organization;
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with large chain retailers in a sales capacity. Proven track record of accomplishments in fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Experience in consumer products environment preferred but not required;
Essential Job Functions and Duties of theSalesAccount Manager:
- Works closely with National Sales Account Managers, the Vice President of Sales and other departments across the company to execute sales strategies in line with company vision, values and objectives;
- Works with Sales Team to increase sales of all The Lumistella Companys products; Maintains accurate and timely forecasting updates to sales by accounts;
- Develop new business accounts, research new accounts, mines, and networks for appropriate contacts, attends customer meetings and prepares and delivers sales presentations;
- Develops strategic and tactical business plans for assigned accounts and works with assigned customers to achieve revenue and margin goals;
- Identifies customers whose accounts are not meeting or exceeding account forecasts and works with the VP of Sales to develop and execute a corrective plan;
- Ensures retailers are educated on product and understand new product opportunities. End goal of increasing business;
- Handles questions, concerns, inventory issues, merchandising/marketing issues that come from our retailers daily;
- Works with customers to resolve any incorrect orders and keeps all appropriate parties well informed of applicable information;
- Verifies all orders to ensure the information is accurate, the customer intends to honor all negotiated terms, and the customer adheres to The Lumistella Companys corporate guidelines and/or terms and conditions;
- Attends trade shows to solicit new accounts, establish stronger relationships with existing accounts, and educate customers on new and existing products; Assists with setting up and tearing down The Lumistella Company trade show booth; Works with Sales VP and National Account Sales Managers to set goals for each event. Develops strategy, measurements and post assessment for each;
- Prepares and analyzes sales data and reports; Recommends strategy and action based on analysis;
- Controls expenses to meet policy and budget guidelines; forecasts, budgets and tracks revenue and expenses; Establishes key activity standards/metrics for specific accounts and tracks and reports key performance measures to the VP of Sales on a regular basis to ensure accounts are at or exceeding budget; Also provides notification of any potential account issues;
- Leads and/or participates in selective projects as assigned; Works with Sales VP or Committee Head to develop plan of approach, assignments, objectives etc.; Works as a resilient and collaborative leader to achieve assigned outcome;
- Reviews customer compliance requirements. Collaborates with customer compliance to ensure all product is shipped in accordance with supplier compliance guides and customer timelines;
- Identify new retailers both from a brick & mortar side, as well as online, and will help develop contacts and land new partners;
- Coordinates activities with other departments including but not limited to operations, customer compliance, marketing, customer service, supply chain, legal and new product development; Initiates cross-functional communication/discussion with companywide departments as appropriate to maximize efficiencies and outcomes;
- Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Business, or Marketing required.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like;
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, and manual dexterity for working with computer keyboards;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time at trade shows as well as lift medium-size boxes weighing up to 45 pounds for mailing for 2+ hours. Adept at setting up and tearing down trade show booths;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to trade show destinations and key accounts within the continental United States. In rare cases, international travel may be required;
- Position requires presence in the office consistent with the companys work from home policy and whenever necessary to fulfill the functions of the role.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Who are we?
The Lumistella Company is a house of global brandsdriven by story. We have a passion for storytelling focused on the rich characters and timeless narrative of Santas North Pole. From this world born of ancient lore, the company creates joyful moments for all ages through products, entertainment and experiences. The Lumistella Company exists to preserve and elevate the magic and goodwill of Santa's North Poleuniversefor generations to come.
We are a family-owned company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Launched in 2005, The Lumistella Company is home to the bestselling Christmas tradition, The Elf on the Shelf, as well as a number of other products and brands including Elf Pets and Elf Mates. We are in the business of Creating Joyful Family Moments and strive to bring the characters and stories of Santas North Pole to families worldwide through consumer products, immersive experiences and entertainment-based content. At the core of our business are the values that make us an exceptional place to work, known here at the North Pole as F.I.R.E. (Family Focus, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.)
Despite rapid expansion, we have maintained and continue to offer a strong culture of creativity, fun, learning and respect. We believe that our employees drive our success, and we encourage both individual growth as well as extensive collaboration in a team-focused environment. We are constantly seeking talented team members who enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment where the magic of Christmas thrives year-round!
Because of the dedication and creativity of our employees, we have continued to grow in popularity with footprints in United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Malta and South Africa.
Want to Know More?
Working at the North Pole is like working with family. We regularly host employee events, birthday celebrations, and social activities to give us an opportunity to get to know one another and take a breather from the hustle and bustle of the North Pole. Each year, (at the discretion of our owners), our office is closed from Christmas Eve through New Years Day, and our full-time employees are paid for this time. We recognize the need for some R&R after a busy holiday season!
We also offer competitive compensation and a robust and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k)-plan including profit sharing, short and long-term disability, a flexible spending account for medical and childcare reimbursement, basic and voluntary life insurance, and a bonus plan.
To learn more about our company, check out our web site at: www.Lumistella.com.
The Lumistella Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Lumistella Company
Get fresh Account Sales Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.