We are looking for a Dog Walker who is interested in making up to $1,800 a month, to join our fabulous
7-person team at The Long Leash in Pasadena.
For every member of our high-quality care team, we provide:
- Competitive compensation
- Immediate responsive in-the-field support
- Recognition (in other words, you are valued!)
- Liability insurance, bonding, and worker's compensation
- A non-competitive culture where you work independently, but with support.
- Pets and clients who have been carefully screened to ensure they are the right fit for our team's enjoyment, well-being and optimal service
- A schedule with pets who you care for regularly, allowing for real relationships to build with each. This allows us to take the time to see each pet as the unique being they are today, and as they grow. You become the highlight of each pets' day.
Some of our current team members include:
animator, social worker, graphic designer, fine artist, musician, baker, dancer
Here is what we ask you to do:
Between the hours of 10am -3pm Monday through Friday, you will drive to pre-scheduled appointments at the pets' homes. You will set a calm and confident tone while greeting/leashing dogs, or caring for cats. You will offer care of the highest standard, walk using GPS tracking, followed by real time updates and communication via your smartphone with clients and our team. You may be required to tend to miscellaneous needs custom to each pets' care. Our team love their jobs. If you're the right fit, you'll love it to!
"This year makes one year of loving going to work at my wonderful, sometimes crazy job. Each day brings joy and gratitude" ~Hannah, employee since August 2018
Some basic job requirements:
- Able to pass a background check
- Able to commit to this position for 12 months from date of hire
- Available Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend or holiday hours
- Must appreciate meeting the needs for both clients, and their pets. In other words, if you describe yourself as 'an animal but not people' person, this job is not for you. We love our human clients too!
- Live in Pasadena or immediately surrounding area
- Have smartphone with demonstrated tech skills (adding photo, video, using apps)
- Access to your own car with valid license and proof of current insurance. This job requires driving in Pasadena and surrounding areas
- Technically proficient and conscientious in handling home security systems
- Be capable of, and willing to accommodate and be patient with various sizes, strengths and abilities of dogs, and able to care for cats
- Be flexible, prioritizing safety for each pet
- Be receptive to ongoing professional development, coaching, review, and being awesome
- Be capable of walking a lot, climbing stairs, and working in all weather conditions
- Be comfortable with minimal day-to-day supervision, and have excellent organizational skills. To this end, consistent and prompt communication is crucial.
How Much Can I Make?
Our dog walkers can make up to $1,800 month while filling their dog, cat, puppy and kitten-cuddling needs each week. General hours may vary daily. Additional hours are available , however this midday time-frame is absolutely required. Occasional weekend + holiday work may be required.
Have a peek at our extended pet family!
Thank you for your interest in The Long Leash!