The Lofts at USC Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Maintenance Technician at The Lofts at USC you will work with one of our property and maintenance management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
Who we are looking for..
- A Maintenance Passion . You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
- Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Composed. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Driven. You invest extra effort to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You focus on what is possible not what is impossible. Provide innovative solutions to situations and processes. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
What you are responsible for.
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build relationships with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Respond to service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC Experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay; commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package available, including health, vision and dental options. Includes company paid STD, LTD and life insurance.
The Lofts at USCWhy Work Here?
Fantastic location, growing company, great benefits!
The Lofts at USC is the choice alternative to on-campus student housing. Located across the street from USC, The Lofts is so close to campus that the USC shuttle stops just a few hundred feet from the front door. Our floor plans are the most unique in Columbia, giving you an infinite number of opportunities to make your apartment as unique as you are. Experience a wide array of interior features that help make your everyday life easier. Comfort, convenience and style are just a few of the features you'll find here at The Lofts at USC.
211 Main StreetColumbia, SC