- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aspen is one of the world’s premiere destinations for inspiration and transformation at the intersection of recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company was founded 75 years ago following World War Two in a moment of vision and renewal. With a purpose deeply rooted in expanding possibilities, we are company driven by its values and our people. We operate four mountain resorts (Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star, Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen, Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.Job Description
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all accounting functions for all assigned portfolios within Aspen Skiing Company.
The budgeted hourly pay rate for this position is $24.50- $28.00. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the entry of Accounts Receivable; including, posting into AR system, reviewing electronic payment receipts, and deposits into the bank
- Responsible for entry/processing of Accounts Payable from Operations team; including, reviewing of correct purchase orders, item receipts from Ops is accurate, check processing and proper attached backup and filling.
- Assists in the preparation of month rental payments to owners.
- Assists Manager with timely and accurate financial reporting to management, board of directors and asset manager Assists with the preparation of the annual budget including operating and reserve funds.
- Assists with maintaining a clean balance sheet with all accounts reconciled monthly and ensures items are clearing properly with no outstanding items. Ensures accurate documentation and value of inventories on hand
- Responsible for any intercompany accounting
- Manages reserve funds according to policies enacted
- Maintains close liaison with ASC accounting to ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- Other duties as assigned
- HS degree required and Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year experience with accounting preferred
- Knowledge of hotel property management software, point of sale systems, electronic time clock systems, Quickbooks, Excel, and other hotel applications is helpful but not required.
- Experience as a hotel front desk agent, restaurant server or bartender, or retail cashier is helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Senior HOA Accountant. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here
The Little Nell
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Little Nell
Get fresh Staff Accountant III jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.