The Little Nell Aspen, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."Job Description
The Adventure Concierge is responsible for the reservations and coordination of daily Fly fishing and Adventure trips. Will use knowledge of Aspen area and Roaring Fork Valley bike and hiking trails to promote trips. Ensures all equipment is in good conditions. Handles the sales of the fly fishing and adventure retail. Works closely with the Concierge Department in communicating guest activities.
Essential Job Functions
• Recommend and book activities for guest’s ability / skill level and interest
• Use of the hotel’s property management systems to book and close checks
• Assists with end of month inventory for shop supplies and daily trip logs
• Identify and build relationships with key individuals and vendors to supply activities
• Develop excellent communication tools to promote this service
• Helps to ensure all trips are set up for success, i.e. F&B orders, vehicles and guides available, guest’s preferences for special occasions, et.al.
• Ensures accuracy of information taken from guests and given to vendors
• Ensures vendors uphold The Little Nell standard with each guest experience and interaction
• High School diploma
• Thorough knowledge of outdoor adventure activities within the Roaring Fork valley
• Diverse background in multiple outdoor activities
• Experience within a guest/customer services role
• Experience with computer systems and software programs including Word, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality
• Ability to work independently, exercise initiative, identify and solve problems, deal with unexpected issues and to follow up to completion
• Must be a good team player, ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of management and external partners
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of Lead Adventure Concierge and the Director of Guest Services. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in adverse conditions and requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to lift, push or pull occasionally up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
The Little Nell
TourismView all jobs at The Little Nell