Group Sales Manager
The Line Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group's diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad London and LINE San Francisco.
We are actively seeking an experienced, driven, personable, and fun hotel Group Sales Manager with extensive knowledge of the DC hotel market. The Group Sales Manager creates revenue for the hotel by generating and/or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory through strategic prospecting, direct sales calls, and developing relationships. Our ideal candidate knows the city inside and out, isn’t afraid to knock on doors, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is motivated by meeting and exceeding personal and team sales goals.
- Actively solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections, and written communications.
- Adjust group pricing and recommend group concessions as needed to secure group business in support of hotel budget targets.
- Use company-wide programs, sales developments, prospecting projects, and reporting for group business development.
- Follow up on all business inquiries and leads to generate group room nights and associated food and beverage revenue to impact RevPar performance.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and direct sales goals including outside sales calls, prospecting calls, site inspections, and entertainment as outlined.
- Develop and maintain rapport with the hotel community and key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the industry.
- Perform guest site inspections to uncover needs and present solutions that will maximize booking opportunities and create strong customer relationships.
- Create VIP or Group resumes identifying and communicating traveler’s needs and acting as liaison to ensure all operational and marketing aspects of their stay are met.
- Understand and utilize the sales tools the company provides and follow and support all sales and marketing operating systems. Ability to sell all hotel products and services.
- Review daily arrivals to isolate potential new clients.
- Participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Balance operational, administrative, and colleague needs
- Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow hotel safety policies and procedures
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Director of Sales or management of the Hotel
- Priority consideration is given to DC residents.
- Must have proven to sell, negotiating, and presentation skills in a hotel sales environment.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office required. Must display the ability to work with general computer operations.
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be organized and willing to take the initiative to achieve the goals of both the department and the hotel.
- Must be able to multi-task and possess the ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Compensation & BenefitsWe offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
More than a group of hotels, The LINE is a creative community built around a sense of discovery — an exploration of a building, a neighborhood, and a culture. From Koreatown in LA to Adams Morgan in DC to downtown Austin, each property is architecturally interesting and chosen for its location in emerging neighborhoods in compelling cities. LINE hotels are both reflective and responsive— shaped by the communities they are part of while also contributing something new to those places. LINE properties are a collaboration of the best local and out-of-town talent in design, food and beverage, arts and culture.
BusinessView all jobs at The Line