The Behavior Technician will provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the clinic setting with some opportunities for community support. The Behavioral Technician will collect data on programs, assist with parent training, and assist the Behavior Analyst, Lead Behavioral Technician, and ABA Interns with clinical assessments as needed. The Behavioral Technician will be responsible for implementing the duties of the Lead Behavioral Technician and ABA Interns in the temporary absence of these team members.
Essential components of this position are listed below but subject to change at the discretion of The Lily Center LLC. This job description describes essential job functions, but does not provide an exhaustive list of duties that may be assigned. Specific duties & responsibilities will vary depending upon classification (Behavioral Tech 1-5).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
• Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols. • Follow and record data for prescribed toilet training protocols.
• Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
• Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with client’s individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
• Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
• Utilize safe & appropriate handing procedures when working with clients.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Assist Lead Behavioral Technician, Behavior Analysts, and ABA Interns with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments.
• Assist Lead Behavioral Technician, Behavior Analysts, and ABA Interns in preparing client materials as instructed.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
• Assume Lead Behavioral Technician responsibilities in their absence.
• Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, Lead Behavioral Technician, ABA Interns, and co-workers.
• Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required trainings.
•Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skill sets accordingly.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and community members.
• Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures and abide by code of ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board
• Commitment to maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA laws.
• Commitment to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and technology, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to required standard.
• Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols and written.
• Must maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, hair, and make-up.
BASIC & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds • Must be able to lift and carry clients with adaptive equipment.
• Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior.
• Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection.
• Must be physically present at the assigned job location, which may include home, school, and community placements.
• Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
• Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
• Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel between different job sites within the Greater Houston Area.
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License & insurance in good standing.
• Behavioral Technician 1: Entry Level
• Behavioral Technician 2-5: Various Experience & Education Levels
• Required: None
• Preferred: Experience working with children ages 0-16 providing in a classroom or 1:1 setting; experience implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis; Educational, Speech, or Allied Health Services experience
• Required: Bachelor's Degree
• Employment Supervisor: Practice Manager
• Clinical Supervisor: Program Supervisor (Board Certified Behavior Analyst)
• Responsible for completing and maintaining all required certifications and trainings once employed including, but not limited to: CPR, Fingerprinting & Background Checks, RBT trainings and other company in-services and trainings as directed by employment supervisor.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH THE LILY CENTER:
• Competitive compensation based upon experience and opportunities for pay increases based upon performance
• Opportunity for supervision for BCBA and BCaBA credentials.
To learn more about the Behavioral Technician (ABA Therapist) position & how to join The Lily Center team, visit the website at http://thelilycenter.com/careers
Required License or certification:
Job Type: Full-time (7:45-3:45 (with option to extend to 4:15 once certain milestones are met) MTTh, 7:45-5:00 W; 7:45-3:30 F)
Houston, TX 77008
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 to $18.00/hour after initial training rate (for candidates with no ABA experience)
Our passion is to empower each learner to reach their maximum potential by providing the highest quality applied behavior services available to families and children with special needs. We accomplish this mission by delivering evidence-based treatment practices by highly qualified professionals and support staff across all aspects of the child's environment including home, school, and community settings.
The Lily CenterThe Lily Center services include direct ABA services provided by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), parent training, direct therapy by qualified support staff under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), and BCBA consultation to public and private school districts. Our passion is to empower each learner to reach their maximum potential by providing the highest quality applied behavior services available to families and children with special needs. We accomplish this mission by delivering evidence-based treatment practices by highly qualified professionals and support staff across all aspects of the child's environment including home, school, and community settings.