Lighthouse Louisiana envisions a world where all people are able to reach their full potential. Our mission is to empower individuals with disabilities through services, employment, and advocacy.
In our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in New Orleans we utilize Machinery designed and built by Bretting, PCMC and Green Bay. The Manufacturing Operation supports our vision by creating jobs for people who are blind. Proceeds from the sales of high-quality, commercially competitive products help fund services for people who are blind, Deaf, and who have other disabilities.
We are looking for a Machine Mechanic who can effectively maintain, repair and troubleshoot Single Fold Paper Towel Manufacturing Equipment.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need to:
· Perform routine maintenance on high speed manufacturing equipment.
· Possess Mechanical Troubleshooting skills, electrical and mechanical.
· Maintain organized inventory of parts and supplies.
· Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to accurately document all work performed.
· A people person who enjoys working in a Team Environment.
· Empathetic and Compassionate.
· Timely and Dependable.
· Clean Background Check.
If you are someone who…
values empowerment of those with disabilities to reach their full potential
possesses innovative ideas and creative solutions and is adaptable to change
believes in diversity of our community and in diverse approaches to problem-solving
approaches their work and life with passion
treats others with empathy and believes in a system of equity
wants to be held accountable to our community and to each other in meeting our mission
…you are likely an excellent candidate for this position.
1. Perform preventive maintenance, and inspections, on all production machinery and equipment according to manufacturer guidelines and LHB Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
2. Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly preventive maintenance sheets.
3. Repair and maintain the operating condition of production machinery and equipment. Clean, lubricate and adjust as needed.
4. Respond to emergency calls at night and on weekends, when required.
5. Install, program, and repair PLC’s and variable frequency drives.
6. Install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers, wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
7. Maintain adequate spare parts inventory, including all lubricants and cleaning supplies. Inventory levels maintained in the most cost effective manner. Maintain inventory records with recommended purchasing level.
8. Perform all maintenance requests and facility related repairs as directed by the Director of Facilities & Maintenance.
9. Report any maintenance needs to Director of Facilities & Maintenance.
10. Proactively eliminate safety hazards, utilize safe work habits, and report safety issues, accidents and/or near misses promptly.
11. Keep work areas safe, organized and clean at all times.
12. Document equipment issues and repairs to include labor and parts expense.
13. Complete all required documentation in an organized and timely manner.
14. Perform all duties in the most efficient manner to minimize down time on all machines/equipment.
15. Perform all duties in compliance with the Louisiana Lighthouse - SOP, ISO and Quality system procedures.
16. Conduct all business in a positive, professional manner and maintain a strong teambuilding environment among staff members at all times.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
1. Education: High School or GED. Technical training or relevant experience.
2. Special Knowledge or Skills: Must have experience in a maintenance mechanic role within a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature, and pressure gauges. Basic mechanical aptitude, ability to diagnose and analyze mechanical problems. Able to use all types for micrometers. Forklift certified ability. Must have good communication skills and basic math skills.
Must have working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Experience: Minimum, 1-year mechanical experience, preferably in a high speed manufacturing environment. Relevant experience will be considered.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
5. Physical: Must be able to lift 75 lbs., bend, stoop, climb, stand and walk on a regular basis. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
6. Personality Traits: Dependable, shows willingness to learn other duties and new skills, as assigned, and be able to work well with others.
7. Working Conditions: Inside and Outside.
8. Work Schedule: 40 hours weekly, OT as needed, Monday – Friday. Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
9. Background Check and Drug Testing required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Lighthouse Louisiana is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer to individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, females and minorities.
The Lighthouse for the Blind
New Orleans, LA