The Life Link Santa Fe, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Company
The Life Link helps hungry, homeless, and displaced individuals and families achieve self-sufficiency through emergency assistance, housing, employment services, and other supportive programs including advanced addiction and mental health treatment services.
About the Opportunity
The Outreach Coordinator provides contract case management services at the Health Care for the Homeless site, helping persons who are homeless gain housing, jobs and a social support network. Employs a positive, client-driven, strength-based approach.
- Community outreach, networking, crisis management, and case management skills.
- Adherence to professional standards, including confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, trauma, gender, ethnic and other cultural factors that affect persons who are homeless, and how they influence treatment planning and practices.
- A commitment to working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness, severe chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders, as well as to the goals of the organization.
- Word processing and internet skills.
- Interpersonal, interviewing and listening skills.
- Knowledge of Santa Fe and Espanola area resources, including employment, human services, healthcare, transportation, housing, social, and educational.
- Provide assessment, referral, and follow up services for clients with special attention to their needs and circumstances related to their homelessness. The scope and intensity of the case management service will vary from client to client depending on each client’s special needs. Case management will be carried out within the context of on-going assessment, care and/or treatment planning, and monitoring.
- Perform local community outreach efforts in order to engage homeless persons and develop trust. Offer alternatives to the homeless individual’s current living situation. Inform them of the availability of health care and substance abuse services. Assist them in accessing needed services and provide ongoing emotional support and follow-up.
- Help coordinate client support services to meet the basic needs of homeless individuals by helping individuals obtain safe, affordable, and permanent housing, assuring access to treatment services, providing crisis assistance, identifying educational and employment options, and developing a social support network. Provide life skills training to individual clients.
- Help clients gain access to Federal, State, and local programs that provide or financially support medical, social education, or other needed services.
- Accompany clients to appointments and advocate on behalf of the client, abiding by all agency and Life Link agency transport policies and procedures.
- Establish a professional network from which to gain referrals and coordinate efforts.
- Utilize opportunities, while performing case management duties, to provide community education for the purpose of increasing awareness and competence of individuals and groups in dealing with the homeless population.
- Access community resources that provide services to clients in the areas of housing, vocational/rehabilitation, health care, Medicaid, social services and financial assistance.
- Maintain appropriate patient record for continuity of care, treatment planning, and patient tracking: prepares and submits all required client and activity reports accurately and in a timely manner. Provide monthly reports to Life Link Executive Director-Program Director.
- Practice safety protocols and de-escalation techniques at all times. Ensure safety by informing the Program Manager and/or office staff of Outreach Specialist location during outreach and street case management.
- Attend community, outside agency, and organization meeting as arranged and assigned. Attend the annual Life Link staff training and other Life Link training as assigned.
- Contribute to the team effort by following policies and procedures; participating in quality reviews; reporting needed changes; and by accomplishing contract objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· LMSW, LMHC, LADAC or Certified Peer Support Worker preferred
· Minimum 2 years case management or community outreach, preferably with homeless population
· Must have current, valid Driver’s License, registration, and insurance
The Life Link conducts pre-employment drug testing, a pre-employment motor vehicles record check, and a pre-employment criminal background check.
The Life Link offers a generous time off policy, as well as health, dental, vision insurance, and a 401k plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
The Life Link
2325 Cerrillos RdSanta Fe, NM