Hotel Guest Service Agent (Front Desk)
- Posted: over a month ago
As the first point of contact for our guests, the Front Desk Associate position is the face of the hotel. The Front Desk Associate is responsible for taking reservations, checking guests in and out of rooms, directing calls, answering guests’ questions and concerns, etc. This is a service oriented position and requires outstanding interpersonal communication skills and friendly professionalism. This position has cash control responsibilities.
- Answer phones, including taking reservations and directing calls as needed.
- Welcome guests upon arrival and serve as the primary point of contact between guests and the hotel
- Check-in and register guests, including collecting contact info and confirming their dates of stay, and making sure they are assigned to an appropriate room and given keys.
- Check guests out making sure that payments are captured correctly.
- Confirm that all credits issued are correct and note the reason.
- Monitor Property Management System for errors and discrepancies and correct as needed.
- Monitor the cancellations in the past 24 hours; confirm all cancellation policies were followed and note discrepancies.
- Monitor all new bookings in the past 24 hours; read all comments and note any anomalies
- Assign rooms, prepare keys and print registration cards as needed.
- Note any special requests for arriving guests and ensure oversight of execution.
- Review each guest record of the inhouse guests for any notes, discrepancies, etc.
- Accommodate guest requests as appropriate and whenever possible.
- Respond to guest concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist guests with local information, restaurant recommendations, directions, and other concierge services.
- Communicate with housekeeping staff promptly on the status of guest rooms.
- Upsell guest rooms and promote hotel services.
- Make sure the cash drawer is balanced at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Maintain and execute sanitation schedule for keys, pens, workstations, and lobby touchpoints.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Knowledge of local area attractions, restaurants, and shops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain a strong attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years customer service experience preferred
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time at front desk station
- Able to climb stairs and assist guests with luggage
- Able to walk hallways and perimeter of property
- Able to twist, bend and reach
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
Competitive Compensation and Benefits including health, dental and vision insurance along with 401(k) plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. This is a position which will require work on weekends, nights and holidays. Please, no phone calls about this job!
EOE/AA. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
The Liberty Trust
TourismView all jobs at The Liberty Trust