MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN APARTMENT COMMUNITY (at least 6 months)
Assistant Property Manager
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be experienced with apartment / multi-family leasing and Fair Housing.
- Apartment software experience is a bonus (AMSI, Yardi, Rent Roll, OneSite, eSite, etc.)
- Bilingual Assistant Managers are always in high demand.
- Luxury property, lease-up, rehab, and tax credit experience are a plus as well!
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified, and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received, purchase orders are attached, and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered, and paid within a timely manner.
- Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes, as well as, prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review, and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history, and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals, and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
The Assistant Property Manager will assume Property Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.