General Legal Administrative Assistant
The Position: This position is for an individual who will support the entire practice by organizing and maintaining files, both electronic and paper. They will draft basic documents, review documents and lead in execution of documents. This position will assist other divisions of the practice as directed. A lot of opportunities for advancement.
Firm Overview: At the Legacy Elder Law Center, we focus on elder law, estate planning, special needs law, and resolution of disputes involving estate/trust matters, fiduciary duties, and guardianships/conservatorships, as well as other closely related practice areas. We are a steadily growing, nationally recognized, yet small and collegial Northern Virginia law firm located in downtown Leesburg, Virginia. We take a highly personal and customized approach to the practice of law.
We are seeking a full-time administration professional who has extraordinary compassion and outstanding organizational and communication skills to assist our estate planning, estate administration and Medicaid services departments in document management tasks. The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and also be able to multitask effectively and thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Drafting simple estate planning documents, including AMDs and DPOAs.
- Answering phones professionally and responsibly and direct callers to appropriate personnel, making appointments for attorneys.
- Reviewing of draft documents of many types to ensure that the dates are correct and that there are no pagination errors as well as to double check spelling of names and addresses.
- Managing paper documents within the firm including those provided to the firm by the client and those provided to the client from the firm.
- Opening client files in documents management systems of Actionstep and DocuBank.
- Interfacing with clients to ensure that estate planning documents are properly executed, while also providing notarization services.
- Processing signed documents, overseeing conversion to electronic format and coordinating their return to the clients.
- HS diploma. Some post high school study such as associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and manage time sensitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to act in a busy team-oriented environment.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience, a 401(k) plan, excellent health insurance, and a family-friendly environment. Interested applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter, references and salary requirements.
The Legacy Elder Law Center
108 South Street S.E.Leesburg, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.