Cooks at The Learning Experience are ambassadors of happiness, creating opportunities every day that reflect our mission to make a difference in the lives of children, their families and communities.
Ours Cook's prepare highly nutritious meals and snacks that is suitable for every child’s age and development and delivers meals to each classroom, partnering with the teachers to ensure food allergies and replacements are identified for each child. Our Cooks ensure the safety of our children by maintaining and tracking food allergies for each child in our center and communicates identified allergies to teachers daily with every food delivery.
Consider becoming part of the family today and Learn, Play, and Grow with us!
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals for children that meet proper nutritional requirements
- Adheres to proper food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures ensuring that food is stored and handled properly
- Maintains knowledge of food allergies throughout the Center and communicates to every classroom
- Partner with the Center Leadership team to purchase all food/supplies necessary and keep inventory records as required by local and state agencies
- Provides excellent customer service and positive attitude towards parents and children
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in food preparation and cooking
- Possesses a food handling certificate or ability to receive within 90 days of hire
- Ability to listen and communication effectively
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Flexible to the daily business need of a childcare center
The Learning Experience Lakewood Ranch