Business Directors at The Learning Experience have ultimate responsibilities for the actions that impact the financial and operational performance of the Center. They have an essential ability to apply their business acumen to customer engagement and leading people, ultimately creating an environment where others can thrive.
Daily responsibilities for Business Directors:
BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND PEOPLE LEADERSHIP
- Drives financial performance and productivity for all operational aspects of the center
- Effectively analyzes and reconciles monthly P&L statements; creates action plans based on past performance and forecasted occupancy
- Hires outstanding talent and ensures center is fully staffed with high performing teachers
- Effectively manages labor; Approves all final work schedules to ensure appropriate ratios are always intact
- Forecasts future enrollment based on annual graduation
- Processes payroll, ensuring the accuracy of time keeping systems
- Manages center inventory- office supplies, food, curriculum, staff recognition items, etc.
- Manages all vendor relationships- organizes facilities maintenance and technology support
- Ensures parent billings, account receivables and collections are accurate and precise
- In partnership with Center Director, conducts team meetings to communicate important information and set direction
- Executes marketing brand campaigns within the center and implements local marketing activities.
- Oversees Work and Family program- building new relationships with community and business leaders (Housing Communities, Chamber of Commerce, Local Businesses)
- Effectively uses social media channels for parent engagement and retention
- Nurtures leads through scheduling and conducting tours; follows up with potential families to secure enrollment.
- Leads tours, highlighting key features of our brand and the center and maintains strong connections with potential customers
- Has a strong understanding of the childcare offerings within the community
- Maintains the lead tracking portal and customer database
- Coordinates the registration process and maintains customer and employee information in center systems
- Responsible for communications to families (i.e. billing, newsletters)
- Plans and manages budget for "parent pleasers"
- 3+ years experience in retail/store management - cross industry experience is welcome
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting
- Experience in directing center (store) operations and managing budgets
- Proven track record of leading the challenge of a new center (store) opening's or turning around a struggling centers (stores)
- Skilled in retail business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and loss) and driving growth
- Ability to leverage reports (financial, operational, team and parents) to understand the business and make decisions
- Excellent team leadership and management skills
- Excellent written, oral communicative and active listening skills
- Bachelors Degree preferred