- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking for a “small firm” environment without office politics and drama? Are you looking to join a firm focused on integrity, family and growth? Are you a legal assistant with experience? If so, we are looking for you.
The Law Office of David I. Karp focuses on estate planning and elder law. We are looking for a legal assistant to help our team be more efficient. We are a small firm that maintains relationships with financial advisors, CPAs and our many wonderful clients. We are experiencing significant growth and are replacing a legal assistant who will be moving out of state.
We value our team and have monthly team bonuses for meeting our goals. Each employee on our team, for all of 2021, earned bonuses greater than $6,900, and that number does not include their holiday bonus.
About the Law Office of David I. Karp
We have a friendly, team-oriented culture and have an atypical law firm environment. We don’t micromanage and trust our team to get their work done. We treat everyone like family and understand you have a life outside of work. We maintain this culture by being careful and choosy when hiring new team members. This position is not for everyone, but we're a perfect fit for the right candidate. If you think you are that candidate, we'd love to meet you. This position will be on site.
We create comprehensive estate plans (both trust-based and will-based) for our clients. We represent clients in uncontested probates, guardianships, conservatorships and trust administrations. For elder law, we help clients obtain ALTCS and VA Aid & Attendance benefits and are one of the few firms in Southern Arizona that can help clients preplan to be in position to obtain those benefits in the future.
This position requires at least one year’s experience working as an administrative assistant with one year’s experience working as a legal assistant in a law office preferred.
The ideal candidate is looking for a position you consider a “work home” where you plan to spend a number of years with us.
Primary duties will include:
- Marketing tasks, including preparing newsletters, organizing meetings with referral sources and planning events
- Managing files (tracking court filings and deadlines, preparing and managing files for attorneys, drafting correspondence to interested parties)
- Interacting with clients in person, by phone and by email
- Preparing guardianship and conservatorship filings to Arizona courts
- Backup for answering phones when receptionist is unavailable
Hourly or salaried depending on experience: Hourly rates at least $17/hour (higher depending on experience).
- Thorough, with a strong attention to detail
- Good people skills, strong self-awareness
- Able to work in a team environment
- Hungry and able to take initiative
- Able to accomplish tasks and see them through the end
- Ability to take direction
- Coachable and open to professional and personal development
- Health insurance fully paid for employee
- Professional Development
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401K Matching Plan
Cover Letter is required to be submitted with your resume.
The Law Office of David KarpWhy Work Here?
Team gets regular training and professional development. This position would have incentives for additional compensation.
Small firm, boutique Estate Planning Law Firm with high morale and no drama
5405 North Oracle RoadTucson, AZ
LegalView all jobs at The Law Office of David Karp