The new era of personalized healthcare is built on a foundation of on-demand formulation, which enables B2B stakeholders, such as healthcare systems, integrated delivery partners, pharmaceutical companies, and nutritional product manufacturers to provide personalized pharmaceutical poly therapies and clinical nutrition products to high volume populations – fast, safely, accurately, and efficiently – with enhanced CGMP compliance and without the need for costly in-house infrastructure and associated overhead.
Formulation With over 100 years of combined expertise in specialty medications and pharmacies, cloud computing, and robotics technologies, Panaceutics has started a revolution in next generation precision poly therapy dosing and delivery. Panaceutics is focused on automating production of personalized healthcare solutions under CGMP manufacturing standards.
Through our innovative cloud-based, robot-automated, high-throughput system, Panaceutics quickly develops individual formulations using high- quality generic medications based on an individual’s personal clinical and genomic profile for safer, more effective drug combinations.
The Plant Manager (PM) is responsible for all production, distribution, and maintenance activities in the Plant. The facility must be operated in a profitable, safe and quality conscious manner, meeting or exceeding all customer specifications, regulatory requirements of Federal, State and Local governments, as well as certifications such as Kosher, Organic, or SQF as needed. This position also assists the purchasing department with quality issues; establishes and reviews sampling plans; interviews, hires, and trains QA personnel; assists with continuous product development; authorizes the release of raw materials and finished goods; and maintains plant documentation.
- Ensure that all products are made and packaged according to Standard Operating Procedures and conform to customer or company specifications.
- Maintain orientation and training procedures to ensure that all new and existing employees understand their tasks and the machines used.
- Oversee management of all quality and food safety initiatives.
- Establish and maintain quality control procedures including Kaizen and root cause analysis to reduce waste and increase productivity. This includes direct intervention by PM in the case of more than 10% waste of a production run.
- Verify and improve capacities and scheduling requirements for maintaining at or below budget costs for labor and materials. Waste variance at less than 10% on all products unless equipment failure or natural disaster occurs beyond the control of PM.
- Recommend capital expenditures whenever “pay-back” analysis is at or under 24 months
- Ensure that all staff are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices as defined by the FDA and that all Company SOP’s are in accordance as well
- Maintain lot tracking and recall systems
- Maintain HACCP plan in conjunction with QA/QC
- Ensure that all labeling is in accordance with FDA rules.
- Pass all regulatory inspections from FDA and local entities relating to the production for food products
- Manage the facility to be in compliance with OSHA regulations (Lock out/Tag out, Safety, MSDS).
- Administrate company policies for food safety (hand washing, hair nets, jewelry and uniforms).
- Maintain positive employee morale.
- Manage the facility with progressive discipline for attendance, safety, product quality, attitude, harassment, etc.
- Oversee Maintenance Department to ensure equipment is safe and operates at an up time percentage of 98%.
- Verify that Preventative Maintenance is being performed as required and that proper procedures and lubricants are utilized.
- Develop annual budges with CFO and operate cost centers with less than 5% negative variance.
- Maintain facility in professional manner including customer areas and grounds
- Maintain a quality feedback procedure that identifies personnel requiring further training or discipline and that ensures that policies are enforced.
- Maintain yields at budget targets
- Maintain a working knowledge of all machines and manufacturing procedures for new product development, existing product problem solving and efficiency improvement.
- Supervise and assist the development of new products from Sales Department or customer requests maintaining yield and cost guidelines.
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Can do attitude and able to lead by example
- Credibility, both inside and outside the organization
- Honesty, integrity, and respect for others
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Meets deadlines consistently
- Highly self-motivated and commitment to continuing education
- Outstanding employee relations skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
- Maintains confidentiality when needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline required.
- Masters degree preferred
- Five years experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Five years Management experience in a production facility is required.
- Aseptic processing experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMPs.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Paid vacations