VP, Data Platform
- Posted: over a month ago
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life's milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM
TKWW is looking for a VP of Data Platform to manage all its data infrastructure and shared services. This role requires a combination of cloud data technology and data governance expertise. The VP of Data Platform will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our data architecture across Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and MLOps. They will collaborate with our Software Engineering partners on implementing technical solutions and build self-service capabilities that democratize analytics in the organization. Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology, forward thinking, and has a strong drive for innovation.
- Manage, grow, and mentor a team of engineers across Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and MLOps.
- Design and implement a self-service platform to speed up development and automate the deployment and scaling of ML models in production.
- Architect and manage the infrastructure to support all stages of the machine learning lifecycle, including feature engineering, feature store, model training, testing, monitoring, and deployment in a production environment.
- Build a data warehouse architecture with a strong foundation in data modeling principles (e.g., dimensional modeling, data vault), while also allowing for rapid iteration and quick data access turnaround times.
- Build a semantic layer within the data warehouse where metrics can be defined once and reused across reporting tools and dashboards.
- Make analytics at TKWW fast, low cost, and simple, and build self-service capabilities that democratize data within the organization.
- Implement a portfolio of data management and governance capabilities, including metadata collection, data documentation, data lineage, data discovery, data quality, and data observability.
- Develop a reporting strategy that properly balances the speed of self-service capabilities and distributed development against the benefits of data governance and centralized control.
- Establish high standards and best practices across the team, including architecture design reviews, CICD processes, and database naming conventions.
- Manage event tracking platforms for robust utilization across the organization and deploy governance processes for tracking and tagging implementation.
- Drive a strong culture of iterative learning and architectural innovation that challenges the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or related field (Master's or PhD preferred).
- 10+ years leading data platform / engineering teams and experience building big data pipelines using Python, SQL, and Apache Spark.
- 5+ years deploying and maintaining ML models in production with demonstrable business impact.
- 5+ years supporting a business intelligence function with familiarity in at least two BI tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.).
- Deep experience with event tracking management and analytics tools, such as Segment, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and Mixpanel.
- First-hand experience with the modern data stack (Snowflake and DBT experience is strongly preferred).
- Broad understanding of cloud architecture tools and services, such as S3, EMR, Kubernetes, Lambda functions, and cloud data warehouses (prior AWS experience is highly desirable).
- Experience building streaming pipelines using Kafka and Spark or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of open-source data orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow, Luigi, Dagster, or Prefect and experience applying them.
- Extensive experience designing and building data lakes in the cloud.
- Experience architecting and building an enterprise data warehouse with hands-on knowledge of dimensional modeling.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the "office". We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW's approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our "new normal", TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
US Applicants: If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, please email email@example.com to request your state-specific job description. In the subject line, please add the specific job title of the role you are applying to. Please also be sure to specify your state of residence.
The Knot Worldwide
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?