The Knot Worldwide Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life's milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we're there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM
We are hiring a Sales Analyst for our US Local Marketplace team which connects over 2 million engaged couples with +40,000 local wedding vendors (e.g. Venue, DJ, Florist, etc.) across the US each year. The ideal candidate is a data-driven problem solver who enjoys digging into the numbers and studying drivers and trends. You are passionate about creating predictability, scalability and efficiency. You will proactively identify opportunities to grow Local bookings and revenue performance while optimizing profitability. In this role you will work on a daily basis with various levels of the Local Sales and Service organization (representatives, managers and leaders alike). Additionally, you will collaborate with partners across FP&A, Data Science/Data Engineering, Technology and within the Local Business Operations and Local Operations Leadership teams.
- Support internal executives, the global sales team, and the Local Operations team with detailed visibility into all aspects of business performance
- Assist with sales planning and organization design, including account assignment and distribution for all sales functions
- Work independently to process information and data to create reports on activities, trends, and projections
- Define, track and monitor KPIs that impact the business
- Execute strategic analyses to validate and inform the Local go-to-market strategy, including territory planning and optimization as well as channel and market segmentation
- Drive performance improvements across the sales organization and build the foundation for it to scale
- Collaborate as needed with other sales & revenue strategy team members on ad hoc reports, analyses, and project
- Own key reports/analyses which may include but are not limited to: sales capacity & headcount modeling, budget planning, analysis & maintenance, rep performance/productivity, vendor unit and revenue cohort retention, and pricing/profitability
- Leverage insights gleaned from analyses to proactively identify signals and inform appropriate action to address/leverage
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree, with 1+ years of relevant professional experience in investment banking, management consulting, FP&A, analytics, reporting and/or revenue strategy/operations
- Experience working with large data sets to build complex, driver-ized models and gleaning insights to inform business strategy
- Power user of excel/G-sheets, ideally with Access and/or SQL/Python experience
- Proficiency with CRM, ideally Salesforce, a plus
- Experience with BI platforms/tools, a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and implementation skills
- Ability to obtain, synthesize, and analyze data from disparate sources
- Comfort working cross-functionally and advocating for your ideas and insights
- Ability to prioritize, set deadlines, and meet aggressive goals
- Thrive in fast-paced, changing environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Self-starter, shows initiative and curiosity, strong sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability for your work product
- Proactive, high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Of unquestioned ethics and integrity
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren't afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there's no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you've read the California Privacy Notice.