Kissner Milling Company Limited is looking for a Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for handling the order fulfillment/inside sales activities for the packaged business of the company, preparing and documenting customer and prospect quotations, customer agreements, prepay agreements, invoices and credit for customers in the packaged segment of the business. This position will also work with customers, account managers, operations, manufacturing facilities and transportation providers to maintain an effective supply chain management process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit quotations, agreements and contracts with customers.
- Handle the entire order fulfillment process including taking orders via phone, fax, email, entering orders, tracking freight, processing invoices, credits and non-conformance's.
- Receive, respond and resolve all customer inquiries.
- Log, update and maintain non-conformance’s master tracking log.
- Manage a variety of house accounts (no direct sales manager), as assigned.
- Monitor order status in coordination with the operations team to ensure customer satisfaction through the order fulfillment process.
- Comply with established month end procedures and reports.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond accordingly to customer inquiries via website inquiries.
- Provide support for Vice President as requested.
- Other duties and administrative/clerical projects as assigned by management.
- Acceptance of order when customer is at credit limit but has promised check is in the mail, after full review of customer situation.
- Quotations and submission of bids by due date.
- Cold call sales price to new customers falling within an established price range provided by Vice President.
- Engage IT support for troubleshooting and/or break-fix assistance when NAV system is not performing in accordance with expectations.
- Acceptance of orders for product over and above quantities awarded in bids or committed by signed quotation (both product quantity and price).
- Acceptance of orders for product under “allocation” outside of the approved allocation quantities.
- Highly proficient level of computer skills with Microsoft Office applications is required (Word, Excel, NAV, Outlook).
- Demonstrated abilities to work effectively as a team member in an office setting required.
- High School diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a high volume, Customer Service related position preferred.
- Previous experience in facilitating sales through an inside sales function is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in office or call center setting.
- Knowledge of customer service and general administrative principles and practices.
- Previous experience in a related industry preferred, such as: chemical, minerals, distribution, salt, etc.
- Previous experience with order entry software and/or inventory management system(s).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or similar customer relationship management tool.
- Ability to operate simple office equipment sufficiently to perform job.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required – both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and complete multiple tasks.
- The ideal candidate will be a customer focused professional who enjoys working in a fast paced, detail oriented, high-pressured environment.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must have strong record keeping and follow through skills; including detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Should be able to work independently with a limited amount of supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions, resolve problems; possesses creative thinking skills.
- Ideal candidate should be honest, assertive and systematic.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work and the ability to work flexible hours.
- Should be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Regular Attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extended periods of sitting may be required.
- Frequent typing and keyboarding.
- Mental/physical fatigue from computer use.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.