Senior AI/MI Engineer
- Expired: December 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC, area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the US Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). In the past 10 years, our service offerings have grown to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.
KGI is seeking a Senior-level AI/MI Engineer with a strong background in architecting data-centric software solutions to serve as the technical lead of a growing team of engineers. A successful candidate will have a history of proven leadership of small to mid-sized engineering teams. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of data concepts, including ETL, pre-processing, schema design best practices, and NoSQL. The candidate must also demonstrate hands-on experience architecting products and solutions designed to facilitate AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) to analyze large sets of data and optimize workflows. A candidate with experience in all product development lifecycle phases will be preferred. The candidate will also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with engineers and less technical team members (e.g., project managers, customers, and executive teams).
- Inform product decisions using an understanding of data pipeline techniques and issues, including API access and integration, pre-processing, cloud security, process, and schema optimization, and pros and cons of programming languages and associated packages
- Direct and encourage engineering team members toward prompt delivery of best-in-class technical solutions.
- Leverage or build cloud-based architectures, technologies, and/or platforms to deliver optimized ML-backed solutions at scale.
- Supply leadership and technical guidance to a growing team of data engineers during the product development lifecycle.
- Communicate with the project manager(s) to interpret customer requirements and assign engineering tasks accordingly.
- Collaborate with the project manager(s) and team members to architect solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Recruit team members by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and delivering hiring recommendations.
- Architect and develop cloud-based software solutions designed to ingest and process data from various sources.
- Contribute to solutions that provide predictive models with raw data.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Well-rounded and willing to learn and contribute meaningfully across all technical areas of our projects
- Strong experience with Python, NoSQL, and Mongo DB
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Strong understanding of concepts and components that comprise enterprise-level data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- U.S. citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Remote (Fairfax, VA)
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
- Ph.D. in data engineering or related field
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or Microsoft Azure. Certification(s) a plus.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. We have created a highly flexible work environment to allow us to use a geographically distributed workforce around the country by maximizing the use of technology and prioritizing communications.
KGI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
The Kenific Group, Inc
Get fresh Small Electrical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.