Technical Writer - Intermediate
- Posted: January 30, 2023
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the U.S. Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). In the past 10 years we have grown our service offerings to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.
KGI is seeking a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will join a team of talented subject matter experts who work collaboratively to develop and deliver quality products to various government clients.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- University degree in Communications, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
We are proud to offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to our employees and have created a highly flexible work environment to allow us to use a geographically distributed work force around the country by maximizing use of technology and prioritizing communications.
Position Location: 2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20020 (onsite four days a week).
This employer uses E-Verify. EOE, including disability/vets.
The Kenific Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?