Senior AI Team Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
KGI is seeking a senior-level engineer with a strong background in AI/ML/Data to serve as technical lead of a growing team of engineers. A successful candidate will have a history of proven leadership of small to mid-sized engineering teams. He/she should have extensive knowledge of AI/ML/Data concepts and hands-on experience developing products and solutions designed to use AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) to analyze large sets of data and optimize workflows. A candidate who has experience in all phases of the product development lifecycle will be preferred. He/she will also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with engineers as well as less technical team members (e.g., project managers, customers, executive teams).
- Inform ML product decisions using understanding of ML modeling techniques and issues, including choice of model, data, and feature selection, model training, hyperparameter tuning, dimensionality, bias/variance, and validation).
- Direct and encourage engineering team members toward prompt delivery of best-in-class technical solutions.
- Leverage or build cloud-based architectures, technologies, and/or platforms to deliver optimized ML models at scale.
- Ensure all code is well-managed to reduce vulnerabilities, models are well-governed from a risk perspective, and the ML follows best practices in Responsible and Explainable AI.
- Supply leadership and technical guidance to a growing team of AI/ML engineers during product development lifecycle.
- Communicate with project manager(s) to interpret customer requirements and assign engineering tasks accordingly.
- Collaborate with project manager(s) and team members to architect solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Recruit team members by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, and delivering hiring recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Experience with programming languages like Python, R, Scala, or Java.
- Five-plus years professional hands-on experience as an AI/ML engineer, data scientist
- Five-plus years professional experience as a technical team leader
- Strong understanding of all components that make up AI/ML algorithms, solution design, and development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- U.S. citizenship required - must be able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
This position will be hybrid, a combination of working remote and working at client sites in the Washington D.C. metro area.
We are proud to offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to our employees and have created a highly flexible work environment to allow us to use a geographically distributed work force around the country by maximizing use of technology and prioritizing communications.
This employer uses E-Verify. EOE, including disability/vets.
The Kenific Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
The Kenific Group, Inc., is a growing and exciting company that takes care of our employees first!
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the U.S. Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Defense (DoD). In the past 10 years we have grown our service offerings to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.