- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KGI is seeking support to provide engineering support to the U.S. Coast Guard boat/ship programs - specifically 47MLB. The 47MLB program supplies the first-response rescue resource in high seas, surf and heavy-weather environments. The right person for the job will:
- Have knowledge of ISO/ABYC standards and regulations; 3D modeling software and ASME Y14 standards; and circuits/electronics;
- Be able to conduct engineering design research and advise clients on technical issues or deficiencies affecting ship production, operations and maintenance;
- Have the ability to document technical deficiencies in the form of issue papers;
- Be able to review Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals from the shipbuilder for specification adherence;
- Review shipbuilder drawings to support planned production AND Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for technical acceptance;
- Work with an engineering support team ensuring quality control standards of deliverables for clients.
- This position is located at the U.S. Coast Guard headquarters' St. Elizabeth's campus.
- Bachelor's in Engineering plus three to five years of relevant experience, OR;
- PE license plus thee to five years of relevant experience, OR;
- High school diploma plus eight years of relevant experience.
- Three years of progressive experience in one of the following marine fields:
- Piping and pressure vessels;
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Hydraulics and weight-handling equipment;
- Propulsion systems;
- Auxiliary systems;
- Ship electrical systems or ship support systems
- Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
We are proud to offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to our employees and have created a highly flexible work environment to allow us to use a geographically distributed work force around the country by maximizing use of technology and prioritizing communications.
This employer uses E-Verify. EOE, including disability/vets.
The Kenific Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
The Kenific Group, Inc., is a growing and exciting company that takes care of our employees first!
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the U.S. Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Defense (DoD). In the past 10 years we have grown our service offerings to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.
AddressVirginia Beach, VA