Marine Engineer (Shipboard Auxiliary Systems)
The Kenific Group, Inc. Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
The Kenific Group is seeking a candidate with knowledge and experience in marine engineering with a focus on auxiliary systems. The candidate will work directly with the United States Coast Guard reviewing third-party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components as they relate to a ship's auxiliary systems. The candidate will perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects. The candidate will also design and prepare engineering reports and related documentation, and devises charts and graphs to record results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture from an ABET-accredited university or college
- three to five years of experience in the engineering field of competence is required
- Six years work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. Associate's degree plus four years work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Desired two years of experience involving the development or review of Major Ship System Specifications, CDRLs, SOWs, the development and review of ship feasibility, concept, preliminary, contract, and detail design of shipboard auxiliary systems
- Documented 3 to 5 years of experience primarily involving designing, evaluating, constructing, commissioning, decommissioning, operating, and maintaining auxiliary systems, ideally in the maritime industry
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of auxiliary system equipment
Our Benefits include:
- Insurance Plans
- 401(K) Matching
- (3) weeks of paid vacation
- (10) Federal Holidays
Salary: $132K and up
Position Location: 2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20020
This employer uses E-Verify.
The Kenific Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
Growing and very exciting company that takes care of their employees first!
The Kenific Group is a privately owned holding company. KGI provides product development, IT, Engineering, and Management Consulting Solutions to both commercial and government clients
2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SEWashington, DC