Marine Engineer (Refrigeration / A/C)
The Kenific Group, Inc. Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Kenific Group is seeking a candidate with knowledge and experience in marine engineering with a focus on heating, cooling, air conditioning and refrigeration. The candidate will work directly with the United States Coast Guard reviewing third-party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components as they relate to HVAC/refrigeration. The candidate will perform design reviews, evaluate constructability, help resolve technical issues and manage information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects. The candidate will also design and prepare engineering reports and related documentation, and devises charts and graphs to record results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture from an ABET-accredited university or college
- Three to five years of experience in the engineering field of competence is required
- Six years work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. Associate's degree plus four years work experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Desired two years of experience involving the development or review of Major Ship System Specifications, CDRLs, SOWs, the development and review of ship feasibility, concept, preliminary, contract, and detail design of shipboard HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Documented 3 to 5 years of experience primarily involving designing, evaluating, constructing, commissioning, decommissioning, operating, and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration systems, ideally in the maritime industry
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems
Salary: $85,000 and up
Position Location: 2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20020
The Kenific Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
Growing and very exciting company that takes care of their employees first!
The Kenific Group is a privately owned holding company. KGI provides product development, IT, Engineering, and Management Consulting Solutions to both commercial and government clients