Assistant Test and Evaluation Specialist/Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Actively seeking a highly motivated Assistant T&E Specialist / Engineering Technician to support testing and design activities for the US Coast Guard (USCG) Program Sponsor (CG-7) embedded with Commander, Operational Test and Evaluation Force in Norfolk, VA. The successful candidate will work closely with the USCG OPTEVFOR Team and various USCG Program Offices to complete Test and Evaluation work for Air, Surface, C4ISR, and Cyber Resiliency systems.
The candidate’s responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing or supporting the following actions:
- Perform Test and Evaluation tasks for the USCG Air domain including Documentation Review, Test-planning Support, Test Operations Support, and Test Analysis and Reporting.
- Draft Critical Operational Issues to establish testable capabilities for inclusion in the Test and Evaluation Master Plan.
- Provide recommendations for data reductions/reconstruction requirements and technical support through development of an executable test plan.
- Assist the Operational Test Director in observing test events, collecting test data, and providing technical reports.
- Perform data collection, processing, reduction, and preliminary analysis of data to ensure data validity, prior to incorporating more detailed data processing in accordance with COMOPTEVFOR processes, procedures, analysis, and evaluation.
- Due to the requirements of the federal contract that this position supports, U.S. citizenship is required. Citizenship will be confirmed via I-9/E-Verify at the start of employment.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess an existing, active SECRET security clearance, and maintain it for the duration of employment.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years of USCG, DHS, DoN, or DoD Operational experience respectively in Aviation, Surface, C5ISR, or as part of the CG-9, USCG, DHS, DoN, or DoD Headquarters staff.
An ideal candidate will have experience with any of the following systems or platforms:
- Long Range Surveillance Maritime Patrol Aircraft (LRS-MPA)
- HC-27J Missionization and HC-144 Medium Range Surveillance Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MRS-MPA)
- Medium Range Recovery Helicopter (MRR)
- Short Range Recovery Helicopter (SRR)
- Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) Scan Eagle
- Medium Range Unmanned Aircraft System (MR-UAS)
- National Security Cutter (NSC)
- Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC)
- Sentinel Fast Response Cutter (FRC)
- Waterways Commerce Cutter (WCC)
- Polar Security Cutter (PSC)
- Medium Endurance Cutter Service Life Extension (MEC-SLEP)
Electronic Health Records Administration (eHRA)
- Proficient with common productivity software including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication skills.
Typical Physical Activity:
- This position’s essential functions typically include (but are not limited to): Balancing, Reaching, Climbing, Crawling, Sitting, Typing, Standing, Hearing, Talking, Kneeling, Vision, Lifting, Walking.
- This position requires the ability to conduct ship checks, including traversing ladders and entering confined shipboard spaces.
The Kenific Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
The Kenific Group, Inc., is a growing and exciting company that takes care of our employees first!
The Kenific Group, Inc. (KGI) is a private, small business based in the Washington, DC area. KGI was founded in 2011, initially providing acquisition and supply chain management services to the US Coast Guard. KGI has used this experience to expand our service offerings to other agencies within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). In the past 10 years we have grown our service offerings to include infrastructure resiliency, contact center operations, information technology, software engineering, program management, strategic communications, engineering, and cybersecurity. We have also grown our customer base to include commercial clients.