Associate Account Executive, Public Affairs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kellen is a global management and communications company serving more than 125 trade associations, professional societies, and charitable organizations representing over 10,000 companies and 100,000 professionals worldwide. We specialize in management, communications, digital strategy, meetings and events, and consulting across a diverse range of industries.
Founded in 1964 and charter-accredited through the AMC Institute, Kellen has offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Brussels, Chicago, New York City, and Washington, DC.
Kellen's greatest asset is its employees. In order to reinforce the culture underpinning our approach to service delivery, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization. Our professionals hail from more than a dozen countries and speak more than two dozen languages. We are invested in finding, hiring, training, and promoting the very best to be #OneKellen.
General Purpose of the Position
Following Kellen Best Practices and supporting a Group Vice President, Public Affairs Director, or Public Affairs Manager, the Associate Account Executive – Public Affairs assists in management of day-to-day operations of association clients in a “deputy manager” capacity, supporting government affairs efforts relating to strategy, advocacy, and public affairs.
Please do not respond to this job posting unless you are located within commuting distance to our Washington DC office in the National Press Building.
- Support Public Affairs Group in all elements of Public Affairs client management, including government affairs, advocacy and client outreach.
- Assist Public Affairs Group with meeting organization, scheduling and project management.
- Support scheduling client meeting with legislator, regulators and external stakeholders.
- Supports Account owners in providing leadership to and interacts with the Board of Directors and committees, attends meetings and prepares agendas and minutes as appropriate.
- Interfaces with association committees via phone, email, and in person.
- Provides support to client committees, including notices, scheduling, agendas, minutes and project management, enabling them to execute their missions and objectives.
- May run committee meetings and execute decisions stemming from them.
- Support client efforts for coalition building and outreach.
- Assists Group Vice President or Public Affairs Manager in overseeing association partnerships and coordinates relevant marketing deliverables.
- Monitors compliance with association lobbying efforts.
- Bachelors’ degree in government affairs, communication, or other related discipline, plus 2 to 4 years’ experience
- in similar capacity. Capitol Hill experience desired.
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, word-processing, database, and presentation software applications. Experience with associate management software desired along with the ability to learn new software packages.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Effective planning and organization skills to effectively manage multiple client relationships/associations at any given time.
- Reliability to maintain established schedule, manage time and priorities, and meet commitments and deadlines.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on customer needs and organizational priorities and preferences and develop solutions to client challenges.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage through change and transition.
- Proactive and collaborative working style.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to stay abreast of client industry trends and assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
This job operates in a hybrid office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; this would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position requires frequent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- This position requires basic math skills to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, etc.
We are currently working in the physical office every Tuesday. Beginning in January 2023, employees will be required to work in the office every Tuesday and Wednesday with no plans for additional days in the future.
Travel may be necessary, up to 5-10% of the time and may be by travel by air, car, rail.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Consistent with Kellen’s mandatory vaccination policy, your commencement of employment is contingent upon you providing proof that you have been fully vaccinated on your first day of employment with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination. Any medical information we receive will be kept confidential in accordance with applicable law. Requests for a reasonable accommodation for exemption from this policy due to medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs will be subject to review by our People & Culture Department.
Kellen EEO Statement
Kellen does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, it is the policy of Kellen to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.
The Kellen Company
BusinessView all jobs at The Kellen Company
Get fresh Public Affairs Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.