Lugger - Truck driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
ABOUT THE JOB:
"Luggers" are the important front-line folks of our business. They are the face of the company to our valued customers. This is MORE than a physical labor or driving position; there is a huge customer service component as well.
Successful candidates will:
- Be committed to WOW-ing our customers with exceptional service
- Maintain a persistently positive attitude
- Be a team player with some basic common sense and excellent communication skills
- Be hard working and enjoy physical labor
- Be knowledgeable and comfortable in presenting our service to prospective customers
- Excel in a position of independence and responsibility
- Give 110% in everything you do
- Own a WORKING smart phone (required)
- Junkluggers Hours of Operation: Weekday & Weekend shifts (must be flexible with your schedule, and while hours may vary from week-to-week, this position is best designed to be your main focus)
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds continuously
- Familiar with driving/navigating through the DMV
- Any Sales/Customer Service Experience a big PLUS!
The position pays $15 an hour plus cash tips (to start). After 3 months of basic training and good standing within the company, you'll also be eligible for a commission based on the company's overall efficiency. Total compensation, after all factors, then ranges from $16 - $22 an hour with significant room for growth*.
*Inclusive of base hourly wage as well as customer tips and monthly performance bonuses.
- Generous performance bonus program
- Health benefits
- Paid sick and family leave in accordance to state/city laws
- Somewhat flexible scheduling
- Valid Drivers License is an obvious MUST!
- 2-3 years of violation-free and accident-free driving
- CDL Not Required
- For insurance purposes only, you must be a minimum of 21 years old in order to drive our trucks
You must be friendly, highly motivated, and able to communicate effectively with our valued customers. You must also be physically fit and able to lift substantial weight. Added bonus if you have experience driving a small truck and moving furniture/heavy items. This is a DRIVING POSITION, so you must meet all of our company's insurance requirements in order to be considered for the position. CDL not Required.
You are an energetic, well-organized, creative problem solver and goal-oriented team player who loves a challenging and fun environment.
You are looking to work hard, own your paycheck, and gain hands-on business experience. You are excited to join a team that strives to AMAZE every customer with exceptional customer service. You are committed to reaching your full potential in a supportive learning environment.
You like working in the field and from the truck all day; this is NOT an office position (although there are some basic administrative responsibilities).
Must have (professional) references available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour
The Junkluggers of Northwest DC
1640 Boro PlTysons Corner, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at The Junkluggers of Northwest DC