VP Software Engineering; DevOps & Cloud Platform
The Judge Group Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernize applications and engineering practices to create efficiency and leverage. AEA Developer Platforms & Insights team is serving the overall AEA mission by developing tools and practices to increase efficiency, automate process and enhance developer experience to accelerate modernization outcomes.
We are looking for a developer who able to lead investigations into the application development processes, evaluate the use of our enterprise toolchain architecture, identify opportunities, and develop solutions in collaboration with firm-wide technology teams. This involves strong collaboration skills, managing deep-dives into application development practice in groups, researching and developing potential solutions. You will be hands on developing platforms to improve the developer experience for the thousands of developers in our organization.
You are willing to transform, think out of the box and learn new skills if required in response to rapid changes and business needs. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance our mission. You will join an inspiring and curious team of technologists focused on and dedicated to enhancing processes and building solutions to improve technology delivery. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end devops and software development practices is imperative.
*** Please note this role will provide technical direction to the team, as well as having hands on responsibilities ***
- Software Engineering background with experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, or Go
- Experience in using DevSecOps tools and frameworks for managing infrastructure as code ‚Äì Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Strong understanding and experience using configuration management and CI/CD automation practices and tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Git, Ansible, Spinnaker
- Strong logging/monitoring understanding
- Strong opinions on technical architecture and best practice, with a good knowledge of industry trends
- Expertise in Devops / Continuous Delivery and enabling practices
- Expertise in source code management, branching and deployment strategies
- Experience in developing cloud and container-based solutions such as Kubernetes, Cloud-Foundry, AWS, Docker
- Strong understanding and experience of automated testing at all levels
- Good knowledge of working in an Agile team environment
- Experience using SDLC practices and delivering high quality and robust software products
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Diligent, methodical and attentive to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivated and adaptable team player
- Fast learning, enjoys solving complex problems and creating simple solutions
- Ability to work with and coach others
- Collaborate with other senior developers across the CIB, building trust and collaborating on solutions
- Experience with building/integrating developer SDLC tools
- Experience of constructing pipelines in Jenkins / Blue Ocean
- Scripting using groovy, YAML
The Judge Group
TechnologyView all jobs at The Judge Group