Description: Our client is currently seeking a Sr Loan Processor
Senior Real Estate Loan Processor
The Senior Real Estate Loan Processor is responsible for processing mortgage loans from application through funding while ensuring loans meet the guidelines established by the Credit Union as well as federal and state regulations. Also provides constant updates to internal and external customers on the status and progress of the loan.
• Consistently delivers service to delight all parties.
• Processes all residential real estate loan types including Purchase, Refinance, and Home Equity transactions.
• Analyzes member’s income, including but not limited to, Individual Federal Income Tax Returns (all schedules); Rental Income; Alimony/Child Support; Retirement Income, etc.
• Prepares preliminary analysis of Self Employed members, including by not limited to Corporate Tax Return and Partnership Returns.
• Analyzes preliminary title policy report to underwriting guidelines. Works with Title and Escrow Company and assist member with clearing clouds on title.
• Analyzes appraisal report to underwriting guidelines. Demonstrates ability to analyze comparable selection, net/gross adjustments, appraiser comments, etc.
• Reviews credit reports and analyzes credit history in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
• Prepares Final Closing Documents and coordinates signing with Escrow Company.
• Funds all real estate loan types and follows up on necessary post closing documentation.
• Maintains weekly status updates to members and document conversation, and consistently documents progress of each loan.
• Maintains open communication with loan officers, underwriters and other members of the department as to the status of the loan.
• Maintains open communication with vendors, real estate agents, appraisers and any other interested parties to the loan transaction.
• Assists members with information as to the status of pending loans and with problems, questions, required documentation.
• Ensures that all loans are processed accurately and are properly documented, and that LFCU loan policy and procedure, services and products meet federal and state regulations as well as investor and post closing Loan Quality Analyst requirements.
• Analyzes loan applications based on applicable Fannie Mae, Private Mortgage Insurance, other investor, credit and property guidelines and program profiles.
• Advises members via written and verbal communication of final loan approval; requests and obtains any prior to document conditions.
• Maintains orderly files on each account with attention to complete and accurate detailing of progress and correspondence.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of Fannie Mae DU, Prime Alliance, and Symitar systems.
• Assists in the department’s goal to close loans within assigned number of days of application.
• Accurately inputs all required information for HMDA.
• Prepares file for underwriting and/or policy exception when necessary.
• Explores options for denied and/or marginal loans with Loan Officer / Underwriter / Manager.
• Consistently reports to work on time as scheduled.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Must have 3-5 yrs experience in real estate lending processing to FNMA/FHLMC & jumbo guidelines & a thorough knowledge of the laws and fundamentals of real estate lending (1st, 2nd & HELOC’S) as well as:
• Superior oral & written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment
• Ability to obtain NMLS License within 3 months of hire
• Exceptional customer service skills & a desire to deliver service that delights
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products
• Ability to learn new skills quickly and implement effectively
• Proven ability to gather and analyze data
• Bachelors’ Degree preferred. Experience using Symitar, DU, and Prime Alliance a plus.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
• Practice open Communication with all levels;
• Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
• Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
• Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
• Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
• Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
• Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
The Judge GroupThe Judge Group, celebrating its 50th anniversary, is a leading professional services firm specializing in talent, technology, and learning solutions. We consult, staff, train, and solve. Through our work we make people and organizations better. Our services are successfully delivered through a network of more than 30 offices in the United States, Canada, and India. The Judge Group serves more than 50 of the Fortune 100 and is responsible for over 9,000 professionals on assignment annually across a wide range of industries. If you would like to learn more about The Judge Group visit www.judge.com or call toll free (800) 360-4474.